Finally 1st job

Just wanted to say, happy day finally came. Took assessment drive on Friday with local company. Stright after that signed a contract and start tomorrow for couple weekends and then full time. I’m happy with that. As they know I’m new, all Saturday taking trucks (no trailer) to fill-up with diesel each way about 50 min drive. Good for get use to trucks. Sunday all day same till last bit- take a trailer deliver it half way and then continue to fill up and back home. A lot of stress, outside dark as hell, at start couldn’t find truck for an hour and trailer for other half hour (big parking yard [emoji5]) but eventually get it done making my working day in about 14 and half hours. Very happy for giving me opportunity and hope next weekend NOT to disappoint​ them. Just to tell for other newbies who struggle to find that 1st job, keep looking, someone at some point going to need you. Or at least gives you a chance. Can’t wait for next weekend…

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Congrats ! I searched so long for a job in UK and also I am a foreigner from Germany I found one, but until i found it i had a lot of struggle - now i am happy to be with my wife in a village near London enjoying my new driver job

Excellent news, well done! I hope you enjoy it.

Sounds like a nice little eased in entry to the game! :smiley:

But I have to ask, are you working the rest of the week doing something else?
Along with why haven’t you got a torch? :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Along with why haven’t you got a torch? [emoji38]

Yes I’m working in week mon-fri. But have ordered 2 holidays each week for weekly rest. And I had a torch, but still missed the truck… [emoji4] Was running between tracks bit to quick. But I enjoyed every minute of those 2 days.

ricelis:

Evil8Beezle:

Along with why haven’t you got a torch? [emoji38]

Yes I’m working in week mon-fri. But have ordered 2 holidays each week for weekly rest. And I had a torch, but still missed the truck… [emoji4] Was running between tracks bit to quick. But I enjoyed every minute of those 2 days.

Well I just wanted to check you knew… :smiley:

And because you were rushing, you actually went slower? :laughing:
Don’t rush around mate, as that’s when mistakes happen, especially for a Newbie…

Best of luck! :smiley:

Thanks all. And that running between trucks was on my own feet. When I finally found it and pick the trailer, I think I was slower than that. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]