Final Chance to Keep Truckstop Open - Your Help needed Now

The fight to kerep this truckstop open is still ongoing. Hopefully this will be the final push to secue this as a permanent venue for Truckers along this part of the M25

From Site owners J26 Truckstop

Hi Wendy
Our application has now been registered in the week of Friday 9th March.
What I would like is if you could post it on truck net and hopefully the truck drivers to write in to the council in support of the application. If we get a refusal this time, I think it will probably have to close within six months.
Our new application is to convert the existing house into a cafe and rest facility with new shower block and possibly use the upstairs as a rest lounge with TV area. There will be a new perimeter fence and CCTV system installed, with low level lighting, also new access on to honey lane with left turn in and out only.
The planning officer may pass the application by delegated powers, or it may go to committee. However, any representation must be in before Monday 2nd April.
Comments can be submitted on line and this is the link eppingforestdc.gov.uk/af3/an … eToolbar=1 the planning application no is EPF/0365/07.

Dave Cordell has been running the truck park and cafe; the service certainly seems to have improved and definitely getting more overnight parking. Every week we seem to get more, we are now up to approx 110 a week so this facility is obviously a requirement for truckers using this route. Your support would be most appreciated.

I wish they’d make their sodding minds up. I got a letter saying they’d withdrawn the application.

They’re not going to get many of us e-mailing in to support them if they keep fannying about with the application.

They did explain that they had to withdraw there
application and then reapply later on,when a set
date was to be given for the new hearing, yes its
up to all those who wish to have aplace to stop over
to put pen to paper or do it per E-mail and put your
vote down as YES we need this TRUCKSTOP;
TAKE A READ AND HELP KEEP the truckstop open,

I dunno Wendy, there’s still a bit of a bad feeling from the last ‘little’ spat when I dared to suggest that standards had fallen and big nasty (with an e) started abusing us all

I also remember someone on here telling how badly he was treated when he stopped over night there

But I also agree that the truckstop is needed at that location, so having said all that, i will re-submit my support and I also think everyone should too

I also visited the link and clicked, ‘support’ button and gave a long and detailed reasoning as to why the truckstop planning permission should be approved.

As one of those who also had a ‘less than pleasant’ experience there, I was also in two minds whether to support it or not but then remembered what I have said previously i.e. a truckstop is definately needed there and I hope they do get permission, then sell it on to someone who will make a better job of it!! :unamused: :unamused:

Have a look at j26 new web site junction26.org/

I supported this last time around but to be honest , after the abuse from “Big Nastey” a while back, I’m not sure I can be bothered to do it again !

It’s very unlikely I will ever use it anyway.

as in previous replies to comments made about the truckstop i did mention that “big nasty” was no one involved in the cafe but did find out it was one of the customers with to much time on his hands and decided to get involved without our knowledge.
as for other problems we are a cafe that started from mobile burger bar catering so we still needed to learn the ropes on the cafe side of things.
this was done with some problems but hopefully these issues got sorted
but no doubt we will still get some problems. the hardest thing being adjusting from very few customers to being busy and coping with it’ which i think the girls are doing very well.we know have lots of regulars day and night
and they seem to like what we do and what we charge.

this is why we need your support for the truckstop so we can keep suppling a service to the drivers and keep improving as we go.
visit our website and follow the link to epping coucil to leave a reply.
www.junction26.org

Ok Dave :wink:

After reading your curtain slashing post as well as the one above, I’ll make the effort :wink:

never used the place but have given my support. any chance of a free brew when im passing next :question: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jon

i had my first visit to this truckstop a few months ago and found the staff very friendly and helpful and chatty, now i make sure that when i cover the m25 area that i head straight for the truckstop even if it is out of my abit , the food is good and the portions are very good ,it would be a huge loss if this place was to close and decent truckstops are hard to find , so to all the ladies ( if thats what they want to be called ) keep up the great job that you do and see you all soon from your spainish friend. :smiley:

Denis F:
It’s very unlikely I will ever use it anyway.

me and my big mouth :wink: by 11.00 thurs night I was dropping a load of cows off just a few miles up from J25 :open_mouth:

although I had a couple of hours left so headed towards home, ended up in Reading services for what possibly could be my last 8 hr rest :laughing: it’s not only container drivers who’ll miss the 16 hour split shift :wink: