Filthy

markoc:
The company don’t pay top wages and you will work max hours with minimum rests, etc …

I’d be more concerned about this.

That’s pretty mingin’, if the boss won’t pay for a simple interior valet then if I could work elsewhere then I would walk.

Can you not defect it about the air pressure and get a different truck?

Conor:
Several things can be sorted by a bucket of soapy hot water and a sponge. A worn floor mat isn’t the end of the world, neither is a split gearstick gaitor. Air leak can be sorted. Where is the half dashboard thats supposedly missing?

Its done 878,000km and about what I’d expect an 878,000km truck to look like.

love to get in ure cab NOT

No way, I would even hold by breath if I had to shunt it around the yard let alone live in it.

Conor:

Seriously? Mine’s done 720k and there’s barely a mark on it. Inside and out. Some of the older trucks have well over a million and are still mint.

No truck should look like that however many miles it’s done. That’s just abuse.

Tarrman:
That’s pretty mingin’, if the boss won’t pay for a simple interior valet then if I could work elsewhere then I would walk.

It was in for repair the week I started. I was in the yard for about five hours and eventually told by the TM I might as go home (…75 miles away) and come back for 0730 next day. So a 150 mile wasted round trip and loss of a days work and pay on day one. Wasn’t too impressed and the week just didn’t get any better.

Oh & I though this thread was going to be filled with lovely ladies in fish nets & stilettos from the title & opening line, kill joy…

Legally the company have a responsibity to look after your health and welfare and smoking in the workplace is illegal…Drag the TM out to it and sit him in it and ask if he would be willing to live in it !!..Tell them to rent you a habitable truck or you are calling the HSE. You may get sacked but I bet you win a tribunal and cash !!!

Its a pig sty, I have a twenty yr + truck that is a palace compared to that.

Hang on a minute you are saying they didn’t pay you for the day you sat there for 5 hours waiting for a truck & then sent you home with no pay on 150 mile round trip in your car??!!!■■?!!

Dude, you be better of being a rent boy…

If the pay was right i’d use it, but i wouldn’t be tramping in it unless the pay was serious, in which case i’d pay the flip flops to valet the thing and bung some cheap dark grey carpet in there to cover up the worn interior.

For ■■■■ poor money you can get a shiny new lorry, the two often go hand in hand, from the sounds of it you might as well bugger off elsewhere.

Blimey Conor has low standards. We’ve got a couple of trucks that have done more km’s than that and they are spotless and well maintained. If this truck is what you’d expect at that milage like others have said I’d dread to see the truck you drive.

Minging absolutely minging I don’t see how anyone could be excpect to drive it let alone live in it
Bobby sands cell when he was on dirty campaign was cleaner utter filth

Conor:
Several things can be sorted by a bucket of soapy hot water and a sponge. A worn floor mat isn’t the end of the world, neither is a split gearstick gaitor. Air leak can be sorted…

He’d want more than a bucket of soapy hot water and a sponge just to clean himself after trying to taclke that heap. as for the floor mat gearstick gaitor and air leak, it could all be sorted :open_mouth:

Yeah with purchase of a new truck or diferent job :wink:

Conor:
Where is the half dashboard thats supposedly missing?.

Its how some of them are specced. Ive only got half a dash, but to bo honest it makes the space on top of the drawer more useful :wink:

Conor:

I’d expect it to be at least retreivable, not abused beyond the point off redemption. that truck aint even good enough to use on day work. the mileage should make no difference.

The mileage is a factor in things wearing out but there’s a difference between wearing out and being abused that truck has been abused simple
For some it mite be acceptable but I’m sorry all I can say is I’d tell them to foxtrot Oscar and be out of there

Ir drive it with rubber gloves while wearing a clothes peg on the nose.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That motor is just minging, I would tell them to take a run & jump. One thing working in that ■■■■ heap for the day, but sleeping in it ? no chance.

markoc:

Tarrman:

It was in for repair the week I started. I was in the yard for about five hours and eventually told by the TM I might as go home (…75 miles away) and come back for 0730 next day. So a 150 mile wasted round trip and loss of a days work and pay on day one. Wasn’t too impressed and the week just didn’t get any better.

Had i travelled a 150 mile round trip and be told to go home after waiting being kept waiting around for 5hrs and return the next day, without at least getting enough money for expenses (Fuel) for the waisted journey before i left, Oh and i would of asked for such too,
there’s no way i would of been returning the next day, As that speaks volumes about the company they don’t care about their workers

They’re messers mate. A 150 mile round trip to not get paid and then come back for that heap?

Nah.

Walk away and don’t look back.

Yep, definitely a bit of a shed that…seen worse though.

Ok for day runs but i wouldn’t live all week in it…

Then again I wouldn’t live all week in a brand new ScanVolDafMercMan Toplineglobetrottingxf mobile box either :grimacing: