Film DVD's Wanted

Maybe posting this on the wrong forum.

I am after a DVD copy of the “Destination Doha” film - I know there was someone on here was advitising copies but I never received a reply when tried to order one. Has anyone else got a copy to sell. I will pay postage and your costs.

The other film I am after goes back to the 70’s when I can remember watching the BBC2 Trade Test Transmissions and there was one film of a guy moving to Australia and working on the cattle road trains.

Anyone out there that can help??

That sounds interesting, can you tell us more about “destination doha” ■■

It was a film made by the BBC? about 3 trucks from Astran running to Doha back in the 80’s - excellent film and my mate has a video copy I want a DVD version.

Very nostalgic with Scania 111 & 141 and a Leyland Marathon.

Well worth watching if you can get a copy

The Biker:
It was a film made by the BBC? about 3 trucks from Astran running to Doha back in the 80’s - excellent film and my mate has a video copy I want a DVD version.

That does sound good! I used to love the “Long Distance Diary” feature in Truck magazine, especially the long ones. IIRC there was a 4 or 5 parter that covered Whittle Internationals Seddon 400s going down to the Mid-East, and it was rivetting. Can imagine a film would be superb. Keep us informed if you find it!

Jusi a thought but have you tryed checking with the BBC video and

dvd sales dept , you might have a chance to find what you are looking

for there. and even if they have only a video copy you can download

from the net a programme to change video to dvd perhaps, I thing

it must be worth a try.

Good thought I email the BBC about the 2nd program but will look for the Destination Doha aswell

The Biker:

Just after Christams i will have the ability to put vhs on to dvd so if your mate can lend me the tapes i will quite happily do it for you, for the price of a Stella Artois of course :slight_smile:.

I am sure that Astran, the company featured in the documentary, were selling DVD’s of it. (astran-cargo.com)

I have a third hand copy on video an it has poor sound quality.

I can definately reccommend it.

Biker, you can try here :

http://www.toprun.ch/truck/Toprun_DVD/index.html

Let me know if any good as i am after a copy aswell but haven’t got around to ordering it yet, cheers.

biker . i have got destination Doha on dvd i bought it in a truckstop near Luton about 12 months ago it cost me 30 quid, expensive i know but i have a video copy i recorded back in the early eighties off BBC2 but the kids recorded TOTP over the first 20 mins. the 3 trucks are a 110 scania. a 140 double drive scania and a leyland marathon overland [middle east spec with cooking /washing facilities under the bottom bunk ] . i had a friend copy it for me so i have 3 copies so if you want to make one available let me know.

Yep I will have a copy if you can do one - if you want to PM me with your address details and how much it post it back to me I will send you a cheque ASAP.

The Trade Test film i wanted is called “The Cattle Carters” and was made by BP and I am trying to get a copy from the BP Photo Library - I was put onto them by the BBC.

The web site for these films is www.vintagebroadcasting.org.uk/bbcttfilms.html

jammymutt:
Just after Christams i will have the ability to put vhs on to dvd so if your mate can lend me the tapes i will quite happily do it for you, for the price of a Stella Artois of course :slight_smile:.

I currently have the equipment to convert VHS to DVD, thanks to my analog/digital encoder card. I’d offer to do the conversion, but, alas, we use a different format for VHS over on this side of the pond.

You can get a copy on VHS direct from Astran via their website as stated by Killsville.I got a copy from them and it was about £20.Ask for Margaret and she’ll sort you out.Thats if she still works there after being bought out recently?
Its well worth a look as its a great documentry

Biker, did you get a copy of the film if so where did you get it? I’ve decided to treat myself to a crimbo pressie this year and the film is it :smiley:

Linux-user

Just email the guy in Switzerland who you told me about to try and get a copy of the Doha DVD.

The other film I cannot get any info on til Monday as the BP Film Library is closed til then.

Will post me when i get more info.

Got a reply from Switzerland :

Hello thanks for request,

The DVD is 20 euros including shipping or 25 by priority (4-5 days)

You can pay trough www.paypal.com or by sending cash money to my home adress:

Ferdy De Martin
Chaillet 3 b
2013 Colombier
Switzerland

I look for your feedback or questions.

Best regards

Ferdy

I am going to order one this week

Ordered one last night using Paypal it cost £14.18 inc delivery

DVD arrived in time for Christmas and i have watched it.

Good quality .

I have now ordered one for a mate in the US Fredy says he can do copies in any DVD format.

Biker
bit of a thicko where computers are concerned ,so whats the sp on ordering this dvd.would appreciate all the help you can give me.

for ordering