Filling up with Ad Blue

Hello all, I have recently been driving an old 2007 DAF 105, when I try to fill up with Ad Blue at the services cannot seem to get a constant flow the trigger keeps clicking off all the time it takes about 10 minutes to put 15 litres in, I have noticed the filler cap is positioned very low on the lorry I don’t know if anyone else has had the same problem, any ideas please?

Just inside the filler cap should be a blue insert, its fits inside the filler pipe and the hole through this blue ‘‘collar’’ is the right size to accept the adblue nozzle, sounds like this collar is missing which is why the forecourt filler won’t supply properly because it has an inbuilt magnet that allows full flow, if you could physically get the Diesel filler nozzle into the adblu hole (not as you would but there are clowns out there with undeserved hgv licences who actually do this :unamused: ) then its definately missing.

You’ll need to get another collar fitting, until then buy the 10 litre bottles and fill via the pourer, the increased cost will gee your boss up into ordering a new collar.

There’s definitely a insert inside the filler cap the Ad Blue nozzle fits snug into it

It’s a ■■■■■■ pump/nozzle. You have to get the nozzle angle right, keep wiggling it slightly until you get a steady flow - holding the trigger gently at first then depressing it fully once you get the steady flow. It will probably switch off again after 1l but once you’ve found a good nozzle angle keep it and re-press the trigger. It’s annoying but our services have been like that forever.

steve4545:
There’s definitely a insert inside the filler cap the Ad Blue nozzle fits snug into it

In that case try filling via a 10 litre bottle, if it takes that flow ok it proves the filler pipe isn’t restricted in which case ETS is on the money.

I have this sometimes on a Stralis, you can remove the filter by twisting it and pulling it out. Put the nozzle in the filter and hold it do only the lower part is in the tank. Seems to work every time for me when I get constant clicking

If there’s space put the nozzle in upside down with the trigger on top, or put it in but before you pull the trigger rotate it up, some fuel pumps are temperamental and this is a way around it

DAF CF is also a pain to fill.
It’s a question of rotating the nozzle … then it’ll flow without clicking off.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Bloody just got covered in this pish, bloody trigger didn’t cut out, sprayed the crap all over me, I’ve had to have wash, and it’s only Monday…

To be fair I’ve had this issue with a few scanias just putting white diesel in it’s normal tank. Lots of clicking off (and swearing) till you get the angle right.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Our new Landrover Discos are a nightmare to fill, the small nozzle under the bonnet keeps overflowing and won’t let anything more than a trickle in.

BossHogg:
Our new Landrover Discos are a nightmare to fill, the small nozzle under the bonnet keeps overflowing and won’t let anything more than a trickle in.

Peugeot Citroen and probably others use FAP additive. Got to go underneath vehicle to fill a bladder. But only once every 100,000 miles or so.

I didnt realise the poxy stuff had been around long enough
for a 2007 Truck to need it !

chaversdad:
I didnt realise the poxy stuff had been around long enough
for a 2007 Truck to need it !

2006 (56 plate) onwards, or am I mixing that up with when digi tachos were fitted as standard?