Filling twin tanks

It’s getting to the stage where I need every minute I can get and fuel stops are becoming a real bugbear…

The fuel line from the pump rarely reach across so is there a way of filling from one tank ? or am I missing something here ?

I have never come across a way of filling from one tank, always just have to park very close to pump so it will reach, alternative is to park right in the middle of 2 pumps and use both!! I must admit I have covered myself in diesel a couple of times whilst filling twin tanks.

Sorry I thought that useing 2 pumps was normal with 2 tanks or am I
just alone in my thoughts. you still pay with the same 1 card have always
done this even in lux at the ARAL-SHELL–TEXACO IT SAVES TIME:::

i used to have twin tanks in our yard by the diesal pump was a slight slope if i parked on the slope and left both caps off by filling the bigger tank pressure would force the air out of smaller tank but be careful once i was chatting ( as usual ) and forgot the smaller tank and lost loads of diesal but on the flat leave both caps off and fill the bigger tank and pressure will be ok but it wont fill the smaller completly to about half. but to use that much you must be doing some serious mileage i was tramping and used to fill weds then sat morn.

I normally use both pumps, but sometimes you might have to move the truck to fill both sides.

Our company pumps are geared up so you can fill one side then the same pump delivers fuel to a satelite on the other side.

My truck holds 900 litres and on Thursday I managed to squeeze 894 litres in the twin tanks. Good management or very lucky :stuck_out_tongue:

Pump the passenger side one first :wink:.