Filling in tacho on non LGV driving day

Hi

Ive start filling in tachos on non LGV driving days as per the regs. Do im need to fill in 5 tachos for last week?? I didn`t do any LGV driving for the whole week.

Its a bit of a waste of paper. Is there a better way??

Thanks

Jim

truckerjimbo:
I didn`t do any LGV driving for the whole week.

If you did not come under EU regs in the Week (Monday 0000 to Sun 2400) then you DO NOT have to make any official records for the Regulation EU 561/2006

ROG:

truckerjimbo:
I didn`t do any LGV driving for the whole week.

If you did not come under EU regs in the Week (Monday 0000 to Sun 2400) then you DO NOT have to make any official records for the Regulation EU 561/2006

I did van driving for the week.

truckerjimbo:

If the van did not require a tacho and you did nothing with a tacho from Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400 then you do not need to fill in a record for the EU regs

If you keep filling out tachos when you do not have to then I will have to report you to the people at Copenhagen climate conference :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

truckerjimbo:

If the van did not require a tacho and you did nothing with a tacho from Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400 then you do not need to fill in a record for the EU regs

If you keep filling out tachos when you do not have to then I will have to report you to the people at Copenhagen climate conference :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks ROG. It will save a tree. :smiley:

I waste no end of charts doing a manual trace for every day I work, but if I didn’t do it day by day then I’d end up on the road on the third day and have to fill in a week’s worth of charts before going out.

tofer:
I waste no end of charts doing a manual trace for every day I work, but if I didn’t do it day by day then I’d end up on the road on the third day and have to fill in a week’s worth of charts before going out.

Are you doing roughly the same hours on each of your non driving days ?

Yes Rog, i know that as far as the regs go if I don’t drive anything at all for a given day then I only need the name, date and start/finish times, but they require us to do a full manual trace even if you don’t take a vehicle out. They like us to show we’ve had the proper breaks and show when we’ve had the POA that we put down every day.

ROG:
Are you doing roughly the same hours on each of your non driving days ?

tofer:
Yes Rog, i know that as far as the regs go if I don’t drive anything at all for a given day then I only need the name, date and start/finish times, but they require us to do a full manual trace even if you don’t take a vehicle out. They like us to show we’ve had the proper breaks and show when we’ve had the POA that we put down every day.

That puts a different light on things - company policy !!

My idea was going to be to produce many cards the same without dates on them so you could use when required…

I only go out maybe once a week, for a few hours, would timesheet (maybe done on microsoft word/exel) be ok or does it have to be tacho’s??, it seems such a waste of tacho’s!!

rdaniels2110:
I only go out maybe once a week, for a few hours, would timesheet (maybe done on microsoft word/exel) be ok or does it have to be tacho’s??, it seems such a waste of tacho’s!!

No, a timesheet would not do. You have three options

Written manually on a chart

Written manually on a printout from a digital tachograph

Made by using the manual input facility of a digital tachograph

The chart option would be the easiest.