fieldtest

you can only go to spec savers for hgv field test they have got contract from dvla

About three months ago I went to them cowboys and wasted about £280 for glasses which are worse than my old ones so going to go again to proper optician an try again.

What happens in a field test?

You look for sheep and cows

Drive 44T around a field without getting stuck!!!

tango boy:

Failed that one a few times.

weeto:

tango boy:

Failed that one a few times.

Getting stuck on sites is my speciality :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I have glaucoma in my right eye (notified DVLA about 5 years ago) under control with daily eye drops. Renewed my licence 2 years ago and they gave me a restricted (2 year) licence. So, renewed again after having a visual field test at Specsavers, received new licence with no HGV or PSV entitlements. Spoke to my own optician and GP and both agree my sight is more than adequate to keep my licence. Sent off copies of last 3 visits to eye clinic at hospital plus another VFT from my optician, 7 weeks later I get a reply from Swansea telling me to go to my optician and have a binocular VFT (doing the test with both eyes at the same time as opposed to covering 1 eye at a time) which is something I’ve never done anywhere before - 112 light flashes, 1 attempt, didn’t miss any. Sent a copy of that to Swansea and another 8 weeks later I’m still waiting for a reply. No wonder DVLA use Specsavers, they are as incompetent as one another. The main reason they use Specsavers is they are cheap - ■■■■■■■ useless but cheap. I know of 2 people that used the same branch that I went to and both ended up with specs that are absolutely no use to them, finished up going to a different optician.

Angus25:
You look for sheep and cows

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angus the animal lover :open_mouth:

■■■■■■■ hell :confused: I had to do mine (I had the Estermans and Goldman field tests) done at Barnsley and Rotherham hospitals where they had registered DVLA nurses working.
I sooner trust a field test from the hospital than what them at Specsavers do.