Fiddles, cheats and scams

On at 8pm tonight on itv, with the story of the lorry driver who tried to sell the ritz. Might be interesting viewing

LOL; " Where d’ yer want it ,mate?"
( It fell off the back of a lorry) :laughing:

The people wanting to buy it must have been really thick, because I can’t imagine the average lorry driver being able to pull off the Multi million pound empire image, oh hang on a minute where is willy stobart?

I believe he was dealing with foreigners so his accent wouldn’t have been sus to them. I think they were Dutch & if you can turn a Dutchman over you deserve a knighthood, at least! :laughing:

harry:
I believe he was dealing with foreigners so his accent wouldn’t have been sus to them. I think they were Dutch & if you can turn a Dutchman over you deserve a knighthood, at least! :laughing:

Just goto Amsterdam if you wanna turn a dutchman over! :laughing: :open_mouth:

I`ll get my coat! :unamused:

Stonehouse69:

harry:

Just goto Amsterdam if you wanna turn a dutchman over! :laughing: :open_mouth:

I`ll get my coat! :unamused:

Or see someone’s finger stuck into a Dyke? :unamused:

After watching it, it appears as though it was actually a Brit he managed to rip off, although he only got a million quid before they smelt a rat.

Fair play though having the balls to try and sell the ritz

The court case was reported earlier this year & I suppose the papers had to fill it out. They described a v. complicated deal involving Dutch clients but the edited version on TV cut to the chase & the real victim was the ( English) middleman. I didn’t think the Dutch would fall for it - they invented it! :laughing: