FH12 460 any advice?

Tbh steve o, it was deliberate, as it was still in their livery and I didn’t want to advertise the bugger.

I’m just sat with a brew and weighing up the deal.

Basically it needs £2500 spent to bring it up to nil defect standard, not including 2 front super singles as the current 2 have cuts to the cords.

The 9 months tax is to be cashed in.

The whole thing really needs a respray, due to the rural work it often carries out.

You could argue that a good polish would surfice but tbh I’m after something in MY colours anyway.

I’ve had a couple of quotes now of £3000 for this, although the illustrious Spanky came up with the name of a fella local to him that would do it for about 2/3rds of that.

I dropped the motor back this morning after it’d been through the ringer at a reputable workshop in Felixstowe and the main Volvo dealer at Ipswich.

His posistion is that he can get £14k for export.

So, £14k sale price

• £2.5k repair
  • £3k paint
    £19.5k…

What do you lot think :question: Oh and 2 front 385’s £4/500. :confused: :confused:

goaty we ran an 04 plate 460 4x2 with manual box from new and when sold for export
after 5 1/2 yrs and 880 000 km’s the original clutch had only moved 6mm :smiley:
if a trucks getting it’s 2nd or 3rd clutch it’s been abused and don’t touch it.

Well that’s it then. It looks like some lucky fella from Chittagong is soon to get a new Volvo. :frowning:

Just spoke to him and …no deal.

Thanks for the input chaps, it was very helpful. :sunglasses:

Plenty of nice clean Globbeys at Fry Transport auction next Sat,have a look here:
midulsterauctions.com/auctions :wink:

Lord Loopy:
goaty we ran an 04 plate 460 4x2 with manual box from new and when sold for export
after 5 1/2 yrs and 880 000 km’s the original clutch had only moved 6mm :smiley:
if a trucks getting it’s 2nd or 3rd clutch it’s been abused and don’t touch it.

I have just put clutch No3 in my 97 P plate 420 Clutch No2 was fitted July 02 when vehicle was purchased dont think its done too bad !!!