FH 13 520

Hello there, just put an 06 FH 13 520 on the road 1st March pulling a semi low loader, just worked the fuel out fill to fill checked my figures a few times and it did 6.32mpg :astonished: the old 460 on a V plate with hub reduction was doing that, is it me or is that what these 520’s do?

Fly sheet

Is that the one you bought from Davie Malcolm. On his web site he claims its the best motor he’s had. :exclamation:

Greg:
Is that the one you bought from Davie Malcolm. On his web site he claims its the best motor he’s had. :exclamation:

The very same Greg, not seen his website will have a nosey. Davie told me it was good on fuel not going to disbelieve him as he’s a good geezer, its on different work now though so I expect thats whats made the difference or is it my driving? or was I expecting too much?

Fly sheet

it may be your driving fly or just your right lead boot

Go on the candy’s tail part from the main page

daviemalcolm.com/

you got any pic’s of it yet??

globby 480:
it may be your driving fly or just your right lead boot

You could be right globby but to be honest I’m quite easy on a motor & I’ve had numerous Volvos going back to an F89 I’ve had a few squirt guzzlers but hoped for 7’s out of this.

Fly sheet

Greg:
Go on the candy’s tail part from the main page

daviemalcolm.com/

you got any pic’s of it yet??

Not took a photo yet I need to sort myself out & get clicking.

Fly sheet

it should do well over 7 i would have thought fly, but saying that the magnum we had with the 500 volvo in it was a little thirsty, what is the gearing? axle ratio is it geared for euro roads etc? just a thought fly

Its fairly standard I think its doing 1300 rpm @ 90 kph, I’ve kept it in the green let it drop to a 1000 bottom of the green before changing down, the old 1 did 1400 @ 90, maybe its cos its new to me who knows. I have’nt filled it up today so don’t know what its done this last trip, I’ve only got a local to do on Monday & I’m pulling a 40’ flat so that will help with the economy :slight_smile:

Fly sheet

you will master it fly after all its all coming out of your own pocket at the end of the day, kin fuel its a joke lately

hello flysheet.
I run a fh13 on a 56 plate, I have to say I am very happy with the fuel economy.
I have just done killingholme/stirling.23.5 ton reload grangemouth 24 ton back to killingholme. mpg came out at 8.4
thats with i shift pulling a curtainsider.
not showing off, just letting you know they should be ok.

run it in to volvo and get the compresion checked out, the valves on vovlos are [zb].
it’s no big deal, they just plug the computer in and it shows the pressure in each pot.

ROADRANGER:
hello flysheet.
I run a fh13 on a 56 plate, I have to say I am very happy with the fuel economy.
I have just done killingholme/stirling.23.5 ton reload grangemouth 24 ton back to killingholme. mpg came out at 8.4

Sounds good to me ROADRANGER is it a 520 ? I was expecting 7’s will have to see what this weeks fuel comes out at.

Fly sheet

limeyphil:
run it in to volvo and get the compresion checked out, the valves on vovlos are [zb].
it’s no big deal, they just plug the computer in and it shows the pressure in each pot.

Thanks for the advice limeyphil I’ll see what it does this week before I get too worried I think.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:

ROADRANGER:
hello flysheet.

Sounds good to me ROADRANGER is it a 520 ? I was expecting 7’s will have to see what this weeks fuel comes out at.

Fly sheet

Yes a 520 ex et morris

ROADRANGER:

fly sheet:

ROADRANGER:
hello flysheet.

Fly sheet

Yes a 520 ex et morris

and its very shinny :grimacing: aswell,

fly sheet:
Hello there, just put an 06 FH 13 520 on the road 1st March pulling a semi low loader, just worked the fuel out fill to fill checked my figures a few times and it did 6.32mpg :astonished: the old 460 on a V plate with hub reduction was doing that, is it me or is that what these 520’s do?

Fly sheet

Have you checked all the tyre pressures are correct… ? :bulb:

fly sheet:

Fly sheet

Just to make you feel better, I’ve averaged 6.4 mpg this week, normally its around 6.8/7, theres been a healthy northery wind all week which has’nt help as I’ve been tugging odd shaped tackle up country all week, then on thursday I was expecting some payback when I was booked to bring something down from York to Southampton, the [zb]ing wind changed to westerly :cry:
I’ve considered an FH13 520 as my next truck, as a smaller 13 ltr engine with big 16 ltr power and torque characteristics must be the way to go, but I might be changing my mind if theres not much difference in economy when they working hard :confused:

slightly off topic 16 ltr scania wi near 700 bhp, has avearged 9.36 this week, last week 9.16, but saying that you have to drive it like a skirt wearing fanny thats the only down side at 50~52max :neutral_face:

globby 480:
slightly off topic 16 ltr scania wi near 700 bhp, has avearged 9.36 this week, last week 9.16, but saying that you have to drive it like a skirt wearing fanny thats the only down side at 50~52max :neutral_face:

Pulling what though? a box/curtainsider, and are those the fabled scanny trip computer figures :laughing: .