Few "winter" pictures

“Winter” pictures because winter has eluded major parts of Finland pretty much and weather has been more like what one would expect to have in October. While I was at Christmas holidays from university I covered one drivers holidays around New Year. Pictures I took aren’t top quality as my cameras auto focus has some difficulties working in dusky weather. It tends to focus much closer than I’d like :frowning: Anyway, to the “winter” pictures…

I’ve just done days collections with a rigid without any problems as weather stayed quite good (below freezing) whole day. In this picture I’ve just coupled trailer and I’m waiting it to get enough pressure. Only problem for the day came while unloading as I begun sweating towards the end :laughing:

Next day, about 300 km northeast from place in first picture, I spotted this quite nice logger while stopping for a lunch. 610 horses help in heavy work, but just getting into forest could be the problem as it’s been raining water quite a lot during last month or two. Ground was barely covered with snow, maybe something around 5 cm at tops, while more typical amount would probably be something like 20 cm at least at that time of year.

Ready to transfer roller cages into trailer to get some space for pallets I’m going to collect from nearby farm. As road was somewhat slippery I left some full roller cages to the front to get more weight on drive axle after doing the collection. After collection, when coupled to trailer and turned into main road I was happy from my decision as I had some traction problems up to 50 km/h, but it came much better quite soon.

Unloading at afternoon at Saturday in vicinity of the open sea, which had clear effect in temperature. Temperature raised from around 0C to +4C in a matter of minutes.

At morning when opening curtains temperature was -6C and I was happy as it means no salt on roads. I was not so happy when I decided to fuel up soon after getting moving only to found out that lock in fuel tank cap was frozen and I couldn’t get it unlocked :astonished: :imp: Some scratching of head and inventing bottle of WD-40 from side locker cured that problem. Next thing I did was to curse brain dead designer of Volvo mirrors as temperature began to rise, salt appeared on roads and I had forgot how eagerly driver side mirror collect all dirt and water thrown from windscreen wipers :smiling_imp:

Wednesday after New Year and there wasn’t any snow or even ice left :frowning: Or that was true when I woke up in rain at 5.30 am and headed into lower class roads. Couple hours after that rain stopped and temperature dropped below freezing. Lucky me :laughing:

Just for a comparison, next picture is taken November 2nd last year, almost to the day two months before picture above.

All melt away way before December and temperature has since been between 0 and +5C in majority of middle and southern Finland until last few days. So it’s not really been a usual winter hence I’m posting “winter” pictures.

Thanks KYBRO a nice selection of pictures,

Great pictures, thanks.

excellent pictures kybro many thanks

global warming perhaps??

nice pics though, guess its been a bit easier with no snow about…

Nice pics again Kyrbo!

There is definitely something different about the climate now…

TC

euromat:
global warming perhaps??

nice pics though, guess its been a bit easier with no snow about…

I wouldn’t say that this is yet happening due to global warming. Winters have became much different during last 50 years or so, but this winter still goes into a statistical fluctuation. Sad thing is meteorologist have said that until the end of this century this kind of Decembers will be the norm. :cry:

Well, at least I like more when there’s snow on the ground. Headlights illuminate much better on snow than on wet asphalt. It also ain’t so boring when there’s snow around :wink: And when there is 10 or more minus degrees it really don’t do that much difference anymore if you are driving on asphalt, snow or even ice. So snow and frost for me, thank you.

I will post some pics later if they are not too poor.

Kyrbo You work hard for your money. Most drivers on here would want overtime pay to walk to the back of your trailer… :laughing: :laughing:

nice pics kyrbo keep um coming :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

dont laugh about global warning here in australia we are seeing it first hand. water levels are really low we can’t wash cars or water gardens and many other restrictions 2006 was or hottest year on record. this week end for the first time in months and months it rained. the bush is so dry that fires are a fact of life. last month the whole city was covered n a blanket of smoke from bush fires for 2 weeks.
we have stuffed the enviroment.
but life goes on.
cheers
meggala

and btw I really liked the photos thanks for sharing

here’s some snow for you.

New Years day.

Coming back from Ontario a week or so back.

And snow in Norway :smiley:

Great Snaps! Get over to North America & send some more.I am getting bored with Norway!!!.. :smiley:

Here’s one of North America last week, this is in Wyoming & the road is a sheet of ice.