Few questions i need help with

got a few questions i don’t really understand

Q1. if you reduce your weekly rest by 10hrs in week 1 how much weekly rest must you take the following week if you are making all your reduced hours up enbloc?

A. 45
b. 36
c. 55
d. 35

Q2, if you are away or at home base what is the minimum you can reduce your weekly rest to, if the option is legally available

a. 18 hours
b. 24 hours
c. 28 hours
d. 26 hours

Q1 is C & Q2 is B

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:
Q1 is C & Q2 is B

thank you pal, could you tell me what hours rule this is based on

andy2514:

daftvader:
Q1 is C & Q2 is B

thank you pal, could you tell me what hours rule this is based on

Because you reduced your rest by 10 hours in week 1 you need to pay those hours back (compensate). So the following week you have a regular weekly rest of 45 hours plus the 10 hours you owe from week 1 which equals 55 hours.

For the second question the answer is 24 hours because the legal minimum rest that can be classed as weekly rest is 24 hours.

Start here.
gov.uk/drivers-hours
Click through to Eu rules.
Unless you are exempt or the question says you are exempt 99% (?guess) of drivers are on Eu rules.

Normal weekend rest is 45 hours. Q1 says you`ve ten hours to make up. So 45 + 10 = 55hrs.

Q2. Has more info than you need. Weekly rest is minimum 24hrs no matter where you take it.

andy2514:
got a few questions i don’t really understand

Q1. if you reduce your weekly rest by 10hrs in week 1 how much weekly rest must you take the following week if you are making all your reduced hours up enbloc?

A. 45
b. 36
c. 55
d. 35

Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week that the reduced weekly rest period counted for.

As compensation has to be paid back en-block (in one lump), if you wanted to pay back the compensation by adding it onto the following weeks weekly rest period you would need 55 hours weekly rest.

andy2514:
Q2, if you are away or at home base what is the minimum you can reduce your weekly rest to, if the option is legally available

a. 18 hours
b. 24 hours
c. 28 hours
d. 26 hours

A reduced weekly rest period must be no less than 24 hours regardless of whether you’re at home or away.

As the original question has been answered fully then this may be of interest -
week 1 = regular 45 off
week 2 = reduced 35 off with 10 to pay back
week 3 = regular 45 off
week 4 = 45 off with 35 reduced + 10 payback from week 2 leaving a new 10 to payback
week 5 regular 45 off
week 6 = 55 off using a 45 regular + 10 payback from week 4
now all square

ROG:
week 1 = regular 45 off
week 3 = regular 45 off
week 4 = 45 off with 35 reduced + 10 payback from week 2 leaving a new 10 to payback
week 5 regular 45 off
now all square

Wouldn’t the 10 from week 2 need compensating for by the end of week 4? Or in other words, shouldn’t you do a 55 by week 4?

ezydriver:

ROG:
week 1 = regular 45 off
week 3 = regular 45 off
week 5 regular 45 off
now all square

Wouldn’t the 10 from week 2 need compensating for by the end of week 4? Or in other words, shouldn’t you do a 55 by week 4?

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week the reduced weekly rest period counted for.

Sent from my mobile.

Also worth remembering that short compensation hours can be attached to a daily rest if they fit into a shift rota. Compensated hours don’t have to be put onto your weekly rest period

Sometimes a reduced rest can only be by a few hours ie say you only have weekly rest 40hrs off so owe 5 hrs. It’s still a reduced rest as it’s less than 45 but you might get a chance to add those 5hrs to a daily rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tachograph:

ezydriver:

ROG:
week 1 = regular 45 off
week 3 = regular 45 off
week 5 regular 45 off
now all square

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods has to be paid back by the end of the third week following the week the reduced weekly rest period counted for.

Which means the compensation would need paying back by week 5, but in this example it isn’t paid back until week 6.

ezydriver:

tachograph:

Which means the compensation would need paying back by week 5, but in this example it isn’t paid back until week 6.

In the example the compensation for week 2 is paid back in week 4.

Though to be honest the example is just complicating what was a simple question.

Sent from my mobile.

Go’s to show that there’s never a stupid question.

Some answers raise more questions.