Few questions about form D2 (application)

Hello again, thanks for the help from my other topic. I’ve got the D4 form filled by my doctor and am now filling in the D2 form, I have a few questions on it.

1. section 3, license start date. I’ve put down the date 3 days from now so they should issue it when they get it by mail. Is this right?

2. section 3, ‘please tick the license you want’.
    C, C1, C1+E
    D, D1

what should I tick? The booklet says something vague about C and C1. (what is C1+E?). Do I tick D and D1 too? I’m not looking to drive a coach…

davedave:
Hello again, thanks for the help from my other topic. I’ve got the D4 form filled by my doctor and am now filling in the D2 form, I have a few questions on it.

1. section 3, license start date. I’ve put down the date 3 days from now so they should issue it when they get it by mail. Is this right?
    THATS FINE
  2. section 3, ‘please tick the license you want’.
    C, C1, C1+E
    D, D1

what should I tick? The booklet says something vague about C and C1. (what is C1+E?). Do I tick D and D1 too? I’m not looking to drive a coach…

TICK THE ‘C’
C1 is a 7.5 tonner and C1+E is a 7.5tonner & trailer
D is for PCV
you do not have to do C1 before C - apart from the gearbox set ups, they are the same test but C is over 7.5 & up to 32 tonnes

as rog says, but also if i was you i would tick the D too, gives you bus provisional just in case later you fancy learning the bus driving and saves you having to pay for another medical, and it costs nowt, so why not. :bulb: :laughing:

I agree with mekong too. Tick C & D. You might not use it, but it free. Also saves hassle and cost later if you change your mind.

mekong:
as rog says, but also if i was you i would tick the D too, gives you bus provisional just in case later you fancy learning the bus driving and saves you having to pay for another medical, and it costs nowt, so why not. :bulb: :laughing:

Good advice - this is how i got my hgv provisional :wink:

Thanks guys.

Quick question before I have this sent off…

Do I just pop my drivers license photocard in the envelope with D4 and D2 and send it on it’s way?

yep now just send it you might want to send it special delivery to make sure it gets there

thanks, there’s one of the dvla checking offices about 10 miles from me so I may go there tomorrow

Is it worth it?

You need to send off both parts of your current license (photocard and counterpart). Take a photocopy of it first, just in case (DVLA have been known to “lose” entitlements from licenses). If possible, make it a “certified copy” - this can probably be done at your local post office.

IME, there isn’t much benefit to be gained from going to the DVLA office. You might as well just stick it in the post. Send it recorded delivery if you like.