Few pictures from my training so far

Just posting these if anyone’s interested
great company and truck

im really interested,honestly,i can see 5 traffic cones and not 2 of them are alike…is that by accident or design? you might think a training company could nick 5 the same if they can afford a private plate for the unit? :confused: all to do with company profile dont you know…

lol, honestly

Is it me or is that gap between the tractor & trailer big enough ?
You need a Taxi to get back to the cab after you’ve coupled her up, lol.

It’s either being split coupled or the 5th wheel’s set right at the back/Great for pulling Wheelies when you’ve got a few tons on the front of the trailer.

martinviking:
Is it me or is that gap between the tractor & trailer big enough ?
You need a Taxi to get back to the cab after you’ve coupled her up, lol.

It’s either being split coupled or the 5th wheel’s set right at the back/Great for pulling Wheelies when you’ve got a few tons on the front of the trailer.

Our tractor unit at work is like that but we need to because of the fridge unit on the front of the trailer , it makes it fun recoupling as you get the first part of the tractor under the trailer connect the airlines etc then reverse onto the trailer otherwise you won’t squeeze in to do up the airlines .

Nice looking Volvo, is it manual or auto?
Looking at the pictures the large gap between truck and trailer is caused by the trailer being a short pin type, if the trailer was a more modern deep pin 13.6m trailer not 12m it would suit the wheelbase of the tractor unit much better. They can’t move it any closer because the legs will foul on the rear of the unit when turning.

It’s an auto.
The trailer is 25 years old according to my instructor. It is a big gap but I assume it’s to make doing the air lines etc easier on test day!

id have assumed its for the following reason…l driver + reversing = wrecked airkit… :confused:

Seen four fatalities using that method .many forget the t brake.stay as a unit .no fatals.no premium increase when insurance companies see how we go on

nice motor! i passed my test in a bottom-of-the-range Ford ‘D’ series lol.had to drive it as a crash-box,though it was a synchro box IIRC.