Few more transcon pics

TRANSCON BEST RIDE EVER!

lol, just ask"d for these in you last trans con post D"OH :wink: keep em coming mr e

as binnsy still got his transcon anyone know paul binns comm"s sales? think thats his name on the A14 new strecth !!,heard the cab had fallen apart?? :confused:

More smart pics mate, when did they stop making the Transcon?

They stopped making them in Amsterdam in 82, assembly then moved to Fodens at Sandbach, they stopped there in 84 I think, the last ones on the road were on a C plate, the Foden ones were distinguishable by having marker lights above the screen.

I had one on an A plate, I loved it for the first few weeks but then the novelty wore off, it went ok but the brakes were useless, it was also a draughty cold thing (even more so when I dragged it back from Alicante with no screen but that’s a different story :open_mouth: ) It was also unreliable, had lots of problems with it & it wasn’t that old when I had it, it was also well maintained so it shouldn’t have been this way.

To be fair though it was a good pose & it went like ■■■■■ off a shovel, I wanted one from the time I saw the Convoy video on TOTP & there were still a good few R,S,T,V plates running around in the 90s, whereas most of the 88/89s & 111/141s of the same era were scrapped by then.

One other thing I didn’t like was the way the doors locked, there was no way to do it from the inside, you locked the handle on the door, if you ever forgot it was a cab up job & lean through the gearstick hole & get the keys out of the dash & unlock the door, not a good thing when you’re in your boxers & it’s -10c :blush: :blush:

I had a x reg ex glynn john pulled like a train couldnt stop it ■■■■ electrics the electric box inside the door used to go rotton brake calble used to freeze near the battery box and throttle calble used to freeze under the grill had a ex birds eye on a a plate that was a good one still never a volvo or scania thou but done ther job like a sed atki ghia i suppose still had a nice nearly flat floor along with the 1418 merc they must have been the first of the flat floors

Check this topic out on the Old Trucks page more details about that Transconti.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40540

mr ken:

I remember running up from deepest darkest Cornwall with China Clay with that Elstran one & it dusted my F12, it was driven by a funny little bloke who looked like Yoda, he was from Warrington IIRC, I also saw it in Austria on the way to the M/E a few years later still in Mearsk colours, no idea who was driving it but he had a beard if that helps :laughing: :laughing:

Thought you ment me for a min then Mark I had that my self for a while had a 350 with a uprated pump went like stink done zilch to the gallon saw that little man from warrington the otherday on MJD now sold to a bloke in Enfield no one wanted to go up the road in it that bloke bought it asked when last changed oil said he was going to turkey on the monday never saw it since