Festive Greetings to all from a frustrated virgin trucker

Again I find myself repeating myself - All this knowledge, experience and sound advice for free…superb. :smiley: why go anywhere else.

As for you Rob K - You most definalty transmit on my frequency… :slight_smile: thats my strategy.

pablo , you would deffinately be better off staying in the b&b accomadation , rather than traveling to & from Liverpool :sunglasses:

I decided to travel up to Peter Smythes from the South west , largely due to the excellent reputation & the dedication ,& commitment & expertise…getting the picture! :sunglasses: (yep I’m still singing his praises)

In view of the lengthy travel distance, even though I stop with family in Telford & Chester & Ellesmere Port, for me to travel to & from Peter’s every day. Would be a considerable nuisance & also I would loose valuable time to mull through what I needed to for the test, not to mention the ‘cost’ of traveling :sunglasses: . I found it far more beneficial to have B&B included in the training package :smiley:

It is a very professionally run training centre, & everybody there is very friendly & approachable & helpfull, & the vehicles are very upto date modern :smiley: Where ever you go training costs a lot of money, If your going to pay a trainer …you want to get an end result in your favour In the form of a Pass !!!

And no I’m not related in any way lol
I worked. & saved hard to get money together for my training C, & C+E, , Now I’m out there driving Class 1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now I’m out there driving Class 1

… which is remarkable as it’s impossible for a newbie to get a start!!!
(Removes tongue from cheek)

Pleased to hear you’re enjoying yourself, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete, Yes… Happy days, with thanks to you :smiley: :smiley: I’ve just been doing more container work at the moment…and absolutely enjoying myself… :smiley: :smiley:

Happy trucking, keep those wheels rolling!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck with whatever you decide but my experience is as follows: Having become totally disillusioned in retail management I went for a total career change and started driving 7.5 ton then decided to go class1. I passed my lgv c in July 2009 and c + e in October 2009. I luckily had a mate working for DHL in a distribution centre warehouse, who went to the transport manager and mentioned that I had passed my class 1 and were there any jobs going. Although I had only passed the week before, the answer was “Yes, as long as he passes the driving assessment he can have a job.” Apparently it was his descretion about the 2 yr experience thing. I did this for 8 months before they moved the transport side about 20 miles away. I didn’t fancy paying the extra fuel so I took redundancy and then joined their favoured agency self employed and went and did the same job but the mileage came off my tax. 6 months later the agency went bust and I signed up for a large national agency where I have been ever since.
I have probably averaged 4 or 5 days per year when I have been available but had no work.
Quite often I have more work than I can legally do, but I have to drive 45 miles each way to get there.
It is very much what you know not who you know and a lot of it is down to luck.

I think I have probably been unusually lucky but thought I would share my experience for balance!

Good Luck!!

I think that the training deal that you have been offered is too good to be true.There is just no meat left on the bone there.Really check them out and if its a middle man or broker keep your wallet closed.

alamcculloch:
I think that the training deal that you have been offered is too good to be true.There is just no meat left on the bone there.Really check them out and if its a middle man or broker keep your wallet closed.

Adr = £530
Hiab = £250
Class C + £1000
C=E = £900
DCPC = £250

Being a total bull [zb] = priceless!

Sleeping on a MBT, lol!

Pablo325:
All,

Food for thought time.

I have worked hard over many years to become a reputable senior manager, but also during this period of time, there have been many hours worked and far to many occassions when I have sacrificed the family to complete work related business - I need to break the cycle now while Im still in good health and relativly young.

Regards

Paul.

And you think sleeping in a truck will improve things for you? :question: