Festivals, Gigs & Race Trucks

Saw this the other week

This is something that I hope to build on during the 2011 event seson but here’s a few transporters and back stage shots

IMGP5618.JPG

11062010218.jpg

IMGP5620.JPG

IMGP5619.JPG

Perhaps the gig pics should go on the Tour Truck Photos thread.

Oh forgot these …

11062010215.jpg

Sorry if I upset the applecart by starting a new thread inadvertantly when there is a similar one already running. Having looked into it, I’ll stick to this one, it may be a bit quirky (pics of this, pics of that) as I take new photo’s over the summer months but it’ll be ok I’m sure. As I say progress will be a bit slow til the season starts but enjoy nevertheless.
BTW whilst the Scanias were built as horseboxes but were being used by a corporate organisation at an event at the time the pics were taken.

I think that trailer was built by Hopkins motorsport near Bristol. Sure I’ve seen it there.

I could have been many of them are second hand F1 rigs hopefully, come easter time I’ll have a few more to post, the bookings are coming in which has got to be a good thing!

Here’s a pic of my lad (he’s 21 now!) at Eddie Jordan’s factory at Silverstone on one of the Club Jordan days…

They were smart rigs, we did a bit of work with Jordan at one time, absolutely everything was yellow and I mean everything!

Glenn R:
They were smart rigs, we did a bit of work with Jordan at one time, absolutely everything was yellow and I mean everything!

Don’t know why but about the time that Scania ended their association with Eddie the team’s fortunes took a turn for the worse.

I remember speaking to a guy on the Scania stand at the CV show, and he said they didn’t back losers. Harsh!

They moved on to Merc Actros units then.