Ferry to norway

Just an appeal for information lads, have been talked into a fishing trip to norway for next year. Can anybody tell me if dfds take a few cars and passegers on their brevik route? I would expect it would be loaded with dropped trailers rather than runners, our trip would be september october time is there a busy spell or is it consistent all year? Would be bit different than stena and p&o into ireland i am used to.
Any help would be most welcome thanks

Ferry to Norway from where ?

raymundo:
Ferry to Norway from where ?

There is a sailing from Immingham, but it’s a freight boat, only take a max of 12 passengers, we wanted to put one of our trucks on there but they wouldn’t guarantee taking the second driver, they go on a waiting list. So i doubt they’d take a car full of passengers.

The ferry from Immingham to Brevik[Larvik]only seems to go a couple of times a week and takes 1-2 Days.If there are a few of you in the car you could get a boat to NL and drive up there in less time.[calculate costs].

hutpik:
The ferry from Immingham to Brevik[Larvik]only seems to go a couple of times a week and takes 1-2 Days.If there are a few of you in the car you could get a boat to NL and drive up there in less time.[calculate costs].

Seems the best plan to me as well.

Either way it’s gotta be better than going to France :laughing:

nick2008:

Where are you starting from?

There are plenty of ferries to choose from up the East coast of England.
The further North you go, the longer the crossing time and the higher the cost of the ferry trip.

RULE 1…insits on going fishing with the troops for a week in Norway
RULE 2 …don’t waste it going to Norway
…ferry to Rotterdam…train to Amsterdam…come home smelling of fish…job done… :open_mouth:

Simon:

nick2008:

Where are you starting from?

There are plenty of ferries to choose from up the East coast of England.
The further North you go, the longer the crossing time and the higher the cost of the ferry trip.

Nowhere Simon. I’m happy in ENGLAND :grimacing:

If you are purely going for the fishing you could consider a cheap flight from the UK to Norway.I assume the fishing organiser can fix car and boat.A mate of mine flys from Amsterdam up to Kiruna every Winter for app €350 return and i pick him up.

Thanks for the information lads, especially the very limited passeger space on the ferry, looks like a very long drive fromholland to denmark another ferry to norway then 8 hours drive to our destination,flight and hire car looking like best option or one of those package deals.
Thanks again

gallowaybull:
Thanks for the information lads, especially the very limited passeger space on the ferry, looks like a very long drive fromholland to denmark another ferry to norway then 8 hours drive to our destination,flight and hire car looking like best option or one of those package deals.
Thanks again

I’ve been on that boat a few times Imm brevik used to leave sun morn 3am arrive brevik mon morn 8/9am I’ve seen self drive cars on board motor homes bikes passengers one guy mentioned it cost him £400 one way I recall I also regularly seen norweigns on board who have flown to uk to by cheaper uk cars and drive them back this pic is what you been driving off into if there’s snow about :smiley: