Ferry tickets to France for a van

Hi, I was wondering maybe someone has gone from Dover to France in a van recently and could share some information about the prices.

I have tried all the popular websites and the cheapest quote that I got was 170 pounds from P&O for a return ticket for a LWB Sprinter van.

So how realistic is to get a cheaper price than from P&O?

I also tried filling out a quote for a campervan, that came to 90 pounds for a return ticket, but apparently, the van has to be registered as campervan to get that price.

Have you try book on day trip return ticket and work out cheaply than original return ticket like mine did book Eurotunnel same day trip return ticket cos £40 (don’t bother to come back on same day) then came back to UK via Dunkirk on one week later cost me for £25 single way to Dover - total are £65 instead £80 - £120 but it is car not van sorry, only just suggest for you if this helps

Betz:
Have you try book on day trip return ticket and work out cheaply than original return ticket like mine did book Eurotunnel same day trip return ticket cos £40 (don’t bother to come back on same day) then came back to UK via Dunkirk on one week later cost me for £25 single way to Dover - total are £65 instead £80 - £120 but it is car not van sorry, only just suggest for you if this helps

Just wait until they charge the full fare to your credit/debit card, the T&C’s for day returns allow them to do so if you fail to use the return part of the ticket. Some get away with it, but others are not so lucky and get charged silly money.

I use Harbour Shipping to book my train tickets. Open return dates. Approx £217. With ferries putting on fuel surcharges the prices are almost equal making the speed and convenience of the tunnel a distinct advantage…when it’s working properly.

I’ve booked my van with Burger Ferry Agencies in Dover for Eurotunnel at £95 + VAT each way - as it’s freight it’s an open ticket (you book a date and can be used one day before or after at any time).

Ferries usually cost about £80 - £90 + VAT each way (depends on fuel surcharge) - As jayseabea said it’s not much difference from the tunnel.