ferry prices??

Firstly, happy easter guys & enjoy the weekend if your able to have one! Excuse my ignorance if your over the water every week but,
my question is, how do I find out the cost of a ferry crossing?? I’ve been on the tunnel website & BOOM there’s the cost within the 1st 2 pages, ferry operators on the other hand seem very secrative. Just interested to know how much a 44t artic would cost and how that compares to the tunnel, is it a phone up only booking system?? Dover/calais only, no haz mat etc so how do I find the costs on their websites?? Tried P&O & DFDS but cant find a page that says it costs X much. Thanks for any replys :slight_smile:

Morning, booking via harbour shipping for a 16.5m artic p&o is about £25 cheaper than the train, and smells 100% better
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Depends how many crossings you use to what rate they offer you
I would say 120-160 plus vat plus fuel surcharge

Train now around 180-190 plus vat

I expect it varies depending on how much you use it but a company I used to work for paid about 150 for an artic and 80 for a van and the prices stayed the same all year round.

They do stay same for the year but dearer than that now for artic
Van rate not much more now

The company were making 10 crossings every 24h and I know they were going to eurotunnel events/dinner parties but agree for the average haulier it’s bound to be more.

Op, there’s separate pages for freight bookings, for good rates I expect you’ll have to pay for the first 10 crossings or so up front. Out of interest I assume by your name your a haulier getting into euro?

Many thanks for your replys gents, saamon, not a haulier just a driver, in a previous life I owned a garage business called leighton hall auto services, And my question was purely out of interest as to the price differences, despite numerous efforts I cant seem to navigate my way to the truck prices on either P&O or DFDS.

You wont get prices online. its all down to volume. at the moment im paying x Dover to Dunkirk £120.00 to Calais £110. P&O Calais £130.00 per crossing. My ferry Link i can knock a tenner off but i wont use them same with the Chunnel. Last price i had was £155.00 each way.