Ferry mode - 1 hour interuption

Theoretical question however I very nearly had the time to do it on Friday. You are aloud to interupt your daily break by 1 hour in order to board/alight a ferry/train. I live 45 mins from the ferry port and was lucky enough to arrive at my boardng port on Thursday evening and board the ferry with a 12 minute interuption leaving 48 minutes ín hand’ to get off and park up. Would I have been aloud to drive home whilst still in Ferry mode (as long as the drive did not last longer than 48 minutes)? As it was I got off the ferry and parked up until the morning then drove home.

" This allows for a vehicle to be driven on to a ferry and off again at the end of the crossing"
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours
Doesnt say to first available parking space. I dont think youd get picked up on it later. I doubt youd get in trouble at the time. But I certainly am not a lawyer.
I`d probably do it.

barrykam:
Theoretical question however I very nearly had the time to do it on Friday. You are aloud to interupt your daily break by 1 hour in order to board/alight a ferry/train. I live 45 mins from the ferry port and was lucky enough to arrive at my boardng port on Thursday evening and board the ferry with a 12 minute interuption leaving 48 minutes ín hand’ to get off and park up. Would I have been aloud to drive home whilst still in Ferry mode (as long as the drive did not last longer than 48 minutes)? As it was I got off the ferry and parked up until the morning then drove home.

Legal to do 12 mins boarding then 48 mins to home after disembarking

There is not a ferry mode as such - selecting ferry simply puts a special mark for each interruption

We regularly use ferry mode to disembark from Stena Belfast and get back to yard@ Lurgan about 40mins driving away.

Also means if your wanting back out on a “trip” via 2330/2400 boats to get back earlier on Fri from say the 1030P&O sailing Cairnryan on Tue/Wed morn’s,
You’ve started an 11hr rest on the grid@ Cairnryan.
(following ferry mode rules etc)[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

And remember not to go over your daily drive time: until you complete your daily rest, your driving time is adding on to the “previous” day. So, if you make the port on 9hr30min driving, (within a 13 spread) then you only have 30mins driving time left anyway.
Clearly getting on/off a ferry doesn`t entitle you to an 11hr drive! It can result in a fine however… :frowning:

And if you use the ferry as part of your break…you have to increase your break by 2 hours as well.

truckyboy:
And if you use the ferry as part of your break…you have to increase your break by 2 hours as well.

Not any more mate.
“the total accumulated rest period must still be at least 11 hours”
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours
It used to be that the rest had to extended, but not now.

Ok Franglais…but dont tell my boss…ha ha and thanks.