Ferry journeys

Iam going over to ireland when i go back to work. As i will be running out of Dublin. What mode do I use and can I take daily rest

K.Adams:
Iam going over to ireland when i go back to work. As i will be running out of Dublin. What mode do I use

You use warp mode.

K.Adams:
and can I take daily rest

Your not forced to if you don’t want to i guess, over there it’s voluntary so my mates mates dads cousins uncles friend’s dad’s sisters husband said who knows a guy — couple of red bulls and pro plus and that’s all the rest thats needed. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coat, hat TAXI :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

pmsl :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are you asking what mode you use for the ferry journey ?
How long is that ferry journey ?

If you took a daily rest on board…wouldnt you end up back in Ireland :question: :open_mouth:

Sorry what mode switch. I will be shipping P&0 liverpool i think, think thats a 6/7hrs crossing?

K.Adams:
think thats a 6/7hrs crossing?

Not long enough for a REST but could be used for BREAK and 3 hours of that break could be used towards a SPLIT DAILY REST.

ROG:

K.Adams:

Not long enough for a REST but could be used for BREAK and 3 hours of that break could be used towards a SPLIT DAILY REST.

:smiley: Sits quietly waiting for the full on Hobbs slam-dunk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

K.Adams:

it is if you use the ferry setting it can be used as a break as the break can be interrupted to move on/off teh ferry as long as the movement of the truck does not takeover an hour

and i quote “A daily rest period may be interrupted no more than once to move on or off a train or ferry for not more than 1 hour in total, provided that the interrupted rest period is extended by 2 hours.”

Giblsa:
it is if you use the ferry setting it can be used as a break as the break can be interrupted to move on/off teh ferry as long as the movement of the truck does not takeover an hour

and i quote “A daily rest period may be interrupted no more than once to move on or off a train or ferry for not more than 1 hour in total, provided that the interrupted rest period is extended by 2 hours.”

from the regs -

Journeys involving ferry or train transport
Where a driver accompanies a vehicle that is being transported by ferry or train, the daily rest
requirements are more flexible.
A regular daily rest period may be interrupted no more than twice, but the total interruption must not exceed 1 hour in total. This allows for a vehicle to be driven onto a ferry and off at the end of a sea crossing. Where the rest period is interrupted in this way, the total ■■■■■■■■■ rest period must still be 11 hours. A bunk or couchette must be available during the rest period.

just realised i have quoted from teh wrong part (as Rog has pointed out)

correct quote

“A regular daily rest period (of at least 11 hours) may be interrupted no more than twice by other activities of not more than 1 hour’s duration in total, provided that the driver is accompanying a vehicle that is travelling by ferry or train and provided that the driver has access to a bunk or couchette.”

Iam sorted then

Thanx lads

Using the ferry mode, you can use the period parked on the dock waiting embarkation and after disembarkation. The problem is, though 100% legal you do not get a proper sleep if you need 7 or 8 hours

Ferry Mode is different to using the split rest, the only stipulation is that you have a bunk or couchette.

A journey on a ferry or a train (if a driver has access to a bunk or a couchette) may be interrupted twice as a maximum, by other activities (such as customs formalities, embarking or disembarking from the ferry boat or train). The total time of these two interruptions may not exceed 1 hour. The driving time taken to move on or off the boat / train has also to be added to the rest period.

K.Adams:
Iam going over to ireland when i go back to work. As i will be running out of Dublin. What mode do I use and can I take daily rest

If you can get a long enough period in before embarkation you can add it to the time on board to take a daily rest, if it doesn’t total 11 hours you can take another period when you disembark. If you are going to use the interrupted rest option in this way be aware you will not be able to work much more than 12 - 12.5 hours during the day you make the crossing on, this is to leave enough time in the 24-hour period to allow for the 11 hours rest and the movement(s).

If you are using a digi set it to rest when you are in the lane waiting to board and select end country - UK or IRL depending which country you are in. When the time comes to board scroll through the menu to the ferry rest option and select it, then drive on board. Once parked on the ferry set the mode switch to rest again. If you are taking further rest after disembarking select ferry mode again to drive off the vessel then set the mode to rest again when you park up to complete your break. When you have finished your rest, either on land after the crossing or as you disembark, select begin country and choose UK or IRL depending where you now are.

Mr.Kadams.I presume your first name is Tarmac.The Liverpool Dublin boat takes so bloody long to load,if you get on first(ish) then you`ll be last(ish) off.You should just about be able to get a reduced daily break of 9 hrs on the boat.This is the way it used to be,as most of that boat is made up of unaccompanied trailers.Any problems with navigation in this pothole in the sea,pm me.Rgds.Whiplas. :smiley: