Ferry crossings to ireland

this is all new to me so all info appreciated, which would be the most logical crossing over to ireland and who is the ferry company and if anyone knows whos the cheapest that would be a bonus, :laughing: the trailer would be accompanied and could be upto 60" long, thanks for any help

Where you looking at being shipped from?

Stranraer to Belfast - 2 boats - Stena Line HSS 1hr 55mins or the conventional SLOW boat which is about 3hrs

Cairnryan to Larne - 1 boat - P&O and approx 2 hrs also.

Ports down south as well, Heysham & Liverpool.

60 ft long dont think youd have enough room on seacat :question: (turning circle)

sorry, should have said, leaving middlesbrough so cairnryan, stranraer would be the obvious

P&O Cairnryan is on/off forward so no turning in the boat, cant remember what the HSS is. As for prices Ive never had to pay for a wagon so couldnt tell you either but heres the numbers:-

P&O Cairnryan - 01776707900
Stena HSS Stranraer - 01776802168

Distance in Ireland between the 2 ports is only 20/25 miles.

Give them a ring is your best option. Free grub on either when your on.

thanks very much, most helpful

Stranraer/Belfast - Stena - HSS - 2 hrs. Boat - 3¼ hrs.

The boat is drive-thru. The HSS you drive on at the back at one side, up to the front, turn, and come down the other side. I’m sure there’ll be a maximum length for the HSS but conventional artics turn without any bother so 60’ might still be ok. I’ve never used the boat but it’s ancient!

Cairnryan/Larne - P & O - Boat - They quote 1¾ hrs, but usually nearer 2!

The boat is drive-thru but unlike Stena’s boat, they’re modern!

The Seacat service was withdrawn several years ago!

Larne and Belfast ferry ports are 20/25 miles apart.

Norfolkline also do Birkenhead/Belfast.

Fleetwood-larne… stena
or
Cairnryan…larne. P+O.it’s cheaper, but your lorry will drink some juice over the a75.

we save a good few quid using the fleetwood larne boat due to the fuel saving.
But if it’s time sensitive, then it’s over the top road.

is this a regular job? if so where are you tipping?

i,ve just got to put some qoutes in for several destinations from southern ireland to the north, so just pricing diferent routes to go witht the diferent drops, i know the 75 well we have a regular drop in stranraer, but you need eyes in the back of your head on that road, especially after 2 of birds tried overtaking each other while they were both overtaking me on a single carriageway :open_mouth: :laughing:

the caledonian may be getting on in years but its still the best boat for your meals,it used to be stena for weight and P n O for length for the best deal

so far cairnryan -larne seems to be the cheapest and they cater for upto 23 meters in length which is handy

Out of curiosity how much is it to get a wagon and trailer on?? Car prices are astronomical for such a short distance so I am guessing HGV are dearer?

if you’re paying the bill, and don’t want to pay thru the nose to go on a floating gin palace - get onto seatruck for their heysham-warrenpoint, cheapest going and good for middlesbro and destinations south or north :bulb:

about £660 return with p/o looking into seatruck later