Ferry cost to Dublin

We have been asked by our main customer if we can beat their usual Irish work haulage company. Does anyone know what the cost of the ferry is from either Liverpool to Dublin or Holyhead to Dublin or Dunlaoghaire ? Thanks. Just rough estimates will be fine as I’m waiting for quotes but they could take 72 hours to quote.

Almost every truck on the ferry will be paying a different price, unless they are from the same company. The bigger the haulier and the more vehicles they ship the lower the price. The one off customer or someone who only ships a couple of times a week will be paying three, four or more times what the bigger companies pay. Your best bet is to use one of the agents such as Harbour shipping in Dover who because of the number of trucks shipping on their account will be able to offer you a cheaper rate than you can likely negotiate yourself.

I forgot about Harbour, are they still going haha? Used to ship with them over to France years ago but it’s been a long time doing different things !!! Checked their website out and asked for a quote, thanks Coff

Kerbdog:
I forgot about Harbour, are they still going ? Used to ship with them over to France years ago !!!

They are indeed, I have a couple of OD mates who use them for ferries.

harbourshipping.co.uk/ferry_ … /index.asp

Sorry, edited my post before you replied the 2nd time :blush:

Kerbdog:
Sorry, edited my post before you replied the 2nd time :blush:

No problem, hope they come back with a decent rate…