Ferries To Ireland and NI

Been having a look at ferry routes and prices across the Irish sea to both the Republic and NI. Prices to the Republic look pretty steep; and I hear from a few customers that their Irish buyers tend to organise their own artic collections as it’s cheaper for them… I can only assume this must be via backloads…

Or do the larger companies who have regular runs across the oggin negotiate discounts with the ferry companies? Anyone in the know?!

book it through whoever your subbing the load from like sawyers,dfds,morgans etc. if its not fridgework etc,and deending on where your tipping,then cairnryan larne/belfast means little waiting around. 2 hour crossing…then 2 hours on the killer A 75 till you reach civilisation at carlisle…birkenhead is 10-30 am and pm sailing,6 30 am and pm docking.8 hours in prison with the option of drowning.it also sails birkenhead dublin though youl be better from holyhead if you want to go there…3 and a half roughly dublin/holyhead…not the worst…itl depend mostly what time your loaded,and where you need to be to tip next day…and remember to keep your elbows in and let the paddys shake those bushes for you.

dieseldog999:
book it through whoever your subbing the load from like sawyers,dfds,morgans etc. if its not fridgework etc,and deending on where your tipping,then cairnryan larne/belfast means little waiting around. 2 hour crossing…then 2 hours on the killer A 75 till you reach civilisation at carlisle…birkenhead is 10-30 am and pm sailing,6 30 am and pm docking.8 hours in prison with the option of drowning…3 and a half roughly dublin/holyhead…not the worst…itl depend mostly what time your loaded,and where you need to be to tip next day.

Drove the A75 a few weeks back…Was positively medieval. I quickly learnt that only the scottishly inexperienced stick to 40. :blush:

quickly learn to buy an old A.M. cb or lose our licence if your coming up it again…timewarp at gretna back to the 70s,and 80s…keep er lit,or lose your mirrors… :smiling_imp:

el_presidente:
Been having a look at ferry routes and prices across the Irish sea to both the Republic and NI. Prices to the Republic look pretty steep; and I hear from a few customers that their Irish buyers tend to organise their own artic collections as it’s cheaper for them… I can only assume this must be via backloads…

Or do the larger companies who have regular runs across the oggin negotiate discounts with the ferry companies? Anyone in the know?!

Yes, the Irish companies with daily crossings negotiate much lower ferry prices. Can be up to 50% less than a one-off trip.

Try one of the shipping companies Derry Bros. or Victor Treacey these two will have bookings on all sailings and be able to offer a good deal. I believe the cheapest crossing is with Seatruck from Liverpool to Dublin, however you may struggle to get a booking on this as it only takes 12 drivers. If the person you are doing the load for won’t book the boat then use an agent as if you approach the ferry companies direct you will get properly turned over