Ferries...Barca-Balearics

Does anyone know the name`s of the ferry companies that run out of Barcalona to the Balearics.
Fancy a little driving holiday next year and need to get some (car) return prices.

cheers lads.

bullitt.

Trasmediterránea, Estibadora de Ponent, and Balearia all go to Palma

I don’t know so much about that. I’ve lived in the Baleares for 17 years but I have never heard of Estibadora de Ponent but, whatever.

Links to the Islands as follows:

Trasmediterranea - now called Accióna-Trasmediterranea - is here: www.trasmediterranea.es/

Balearia is here: www.balearia.com

and then there is Iscomar: www.iscomar.com/

Tras and Balearia have fast catamaran ferries that do the trip in 3 - 4 hours (no trucks just cars) All have an overnight ferry from Barcelona to Palma with connections to the other Islands.

If you are used to English Channel fares you would do best to be sitting down before you read any of the fares on those webpages. As a rule of thumb Iscomar will be the cheapest but also the nastiest.

If you need any help PM me.

David

Thanks chaps for the info, I appreciate you taking the time to post.

David, i will have a good look at the sites when I get a few hours…I have heard that the prices on Pounds per mile basis compared to the channel will make your eyes water!!! :smiley:

I fancy trying Menorca but not sure if you can get a ferry direct or via Palma as you stated…will check the sites.

Many thanks once again.

Bullitt.

Just had a very,very brief look at the Iscomar site…

Cabin for 3…81 Euros each = 243 EU
Car…234 Euros

Total…477 Euros = £321approx (return)

Have still got to add on the price of the UK-France crossing, fuel (diesel range rover about 33-36 mpg on the motoway) and tolls (will have to check the old posts for best versus cheapest route to Barca).

Cheers once again.

Bullitt.

Stansted -Palma return £100!

Good point Harry :smiley:

If you take Iscomar via Mallorca you could then have the pleasure of riding on one of Iscomar’s collection on Antique ferries, the good ship Nura Nova, from Alcudia to Cuidadella, Menorca

It’s only 30 miles but if the weather is anything less than perfect expect it to take a while. My personal record is 5 and a half hours!

harry:
Stansted -Palma return £100!

I`ve just done that Harry :laughing: :laughing:

Hence the desire to drive next time!!!

Cheers once again

Bullitt.

I know the feeling… :laughing:
( But taking a private car across Europe these days costs an arm & a leg just for the ferries…)

yes I agree Harry,but if you book that early for a holiday
you can get a good discount normaly,so its worth a try
and flying all though quicker and cheaper its bloody boreing,

I agree…But on your jax its the best way. But if you have a large family maybe its not so bad to drive…Price-wise that is…