Fergusons (blyth)

started at fergys 1979 on (yts) 2nd man rember gary smith,malcolm usher,ken wilson,brain george, alan towers.
Drivers we wer 2nd man to Tom dodds(snr), tom dodds (jnr), bob stewart ,micky manchin ,bob dunn ,bobby brown, allan fellows,john miller,frankie daviot,little joe thomsons,rarfy fairhurst,keith culley, kenny hindhaugh,billy usher, jackie willson.

waiting 4 police ■■■■■■ at old jobba cafe portabella,en route 2 livingston with loads 18ft high from aaf cramlington

tipping at livingston nec factory

found some more photos

at oban waiting for ferry to go to outer hebrides

Hello son of bacon neck . Nice photos I’m joe Thompsons grand son I’ve got quite a few old fergys pictures of him il try and get them uploaded for you .

nice one george was that clive,s merc in the photos

mark

heres a few geordie

regards mark

mark young tom dodds my 2nd man 1990 in kent

I was once loading at Draeger just up the road from Fergies when the gear linkage went on my Daf 95 ,i could only get 2 gears so i limped it into Fergies and they agreed to look at it.When they tilted the cab they werent too impressed with the linkage setup.Obviously ,with them running Volvos and Mercs this thing was totally alien to them but they did manage to bodge it up to get me on my way,it didnt last but it got me through the tyne tunnel at rush hour i had 4 gears now 1 and 2 low ,5 and 6 high and it got me home too very steadily i may add.I wonder how many firms these days would help out when i could see they were obviously busy . Top men

Hi anybody seen clive bell around he was ex fergies must be retired by now,i worked with him at Davidson @adamson cheers bob

blackbox:
Hi anybody seen clive bell around he was ex fergies must be retired by now,i worked with him at Davidson @adamson cheers bob

think he’s driving for sanrays at Morpeth

Chrisr620:

blackbox:

think he’s driving for sanrays at Morpeth

was out with him and alan irvine and a few others on tuesday in morpeth hes finished sanray’s said hes retired. (but for how long )

clive bell has been doing a bit of casual work for us at RTH-lubbers, he retired sort of, he finished with sanray couple of month ago now.
good one of tommy their geordie,

regards mark

scan0055.jpg

Thanks for replys lads good to know he is still burning diesel cheers bob.

Mark that was clives wagon, i had it for 6 months he was off the road the road shunting he left most of his gear in including his jimmy shand tapes,i should of changed my name 2 heather lowper as thats all i herd on the cb when passing north tyne firms & scotch lads,good days i have alot of respect for clive he taught me alot about driving the wide loads & roping n sheeting them.I was driving it at the time waiting for the police ■■■■■■ it was the 1st of 105 loads 2 go up 2 livingston

This is taken at (npc) bill quay night mare of a place to get to the only good thing was a " hot beef sandwich " from the shop halfway down the hill from pelaw i rember sum times waiting for hours tipping & loading as many local firms used to venture in here,jr adams freeways g s johnsons & many more

son of bacon neck:
started at fergys 1979 on (yts) 2nd man rember gary smith,malcolm usher,ken wilson,brain george, alan towers.
Drivers we wer 2nd man to Tom dodds(snr), tom dodds (jnr), bob stewart ,micky manchin ,bob dunn ,bobby brown, allan fellows,john miller,frankie daviot,little joe thomsons,rarfy fairhurst,keith culley, kenny hindhaugh,billy usher, jackie willson.0

hi gary here, geordie u forgot vince for a think billham,barry hicks,bob mcguire,tom morgan,colin lillburn,john nichols trever dickson,jimmy carr, ronnie ingldew,jock mckennsie,alan snowdon,neil casson,jimmy gustavisson,john waugh,glen moffit,ya mate pull ya head off, cheers gary smith

Aye, heres some more Panic Button,Nigel Duffy,Mark Palmer,Mike Furness, John Purvis, Niel Vosey, Ralphy Wilson,Walter Moss, John Armstrong, & the brummie Armstrong [Jacko], Bobby Errington, Ray Black. Regards Larry.

This was one of Fergusons Trailers.