Ferguson spean bridge

Just wondering if there’s any drivers on here working for Ferguson at the minute. Been offered a job there and in two minds. Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Avoid it. My pal & another fella lasted a week & jacked it. They did’t get their wages either!

Another crap firm always on the lookout for drivers. Suppose it depends how badly you need a job right enough.

Try it could be fun not.If you speed the boss fines you if you go over 4.15 hours driving he fines you. Also god for bid you go over 8.45 driving he fines you and get some training you have done nothing illegal but in there eyes you did.Take what you want from this but turnover of drivers is very high and some shifts are crazy.

Thanks boys, Heard a few good and bad stories. Im in a good job just now but been thinking about a wee change. Thanks for the heads up

Colin_scottish:
Try it could be fun not.If you speed the boss fines you if you go over 4.15 hours driving he fines you. Also god for bid you go over 8.45 driving he fines you and get some training you have done nothing illegal but in there eyes you did.Take what you want from this but turnover of drivers is very high and some shifts are crazy.

How does that work? No jobs that require more than 4.15 hrs driving?
Sounds like horse ■■■ to me. If it really is that bad, why do people go and work there?

I always thought it looked a decent outfit,just shows you never know until you work there.

Colin_scottish:

Fine you? If the gaffer’s taking money from drivers wages it’s either without drivers permission or, the driver has agreed to those terms and signed the contract allowing it.

What some drivers will accept fer driving a blinged up wagon.

I weep for the future.

yourhavingalarf:

Colin_scottish:

Fine you? If the gaffer’s taking money from drivers wages it’s either without drivers permission or, the driver has agreed to those terms and signed the contract allowing it.

I weep for the future.

Well said that man , I agree 100% with what you posted .

the nodding donkey:

Colin_scottish:

How does that work? No jobs that require more than 4.15 hrs driving?
Sounds like horse ■■■ to me. If it really is that bad, why do people go and work there?

They need the job very high turnover of drivers its that bad some of his wag and drags are limted below 50 mph.

shugg:

yourhavingalarf:

Colin_scottish:

I weep for the future.

Well said that man , I agree 100% with what you posted .

Yes fine the drivers and yes some drivers are that thick to sign the contract.

All that said but a lot of lads have been there many years, 10 & 20+.
All of the lads I’ve met at Corpach, Kishorn & Kyle have seemed happy enough.
Not heard of the fining thing, bit dodgy, but obviously they like to avoid infringements,so just treat the rules as 4h15 not 4h30 & 8h45 not 9h00 & there’s no great issue surely…

FLIP:
All that said but a lot of lads have been there many years, 10 & 20+.
All of the lads I’ve met at Corpach, Kishorn & Kyle have seemed happy enough.
Not heard of the fining thing, bit dodgy, but obviously they like to avoid infringements,so just treat the rules as 4h15 not 4h30 & 8h45 not 9h00 & there’s no great issue surely…[/quote

Sounds like a one mans meat is another mans poison sort of job then…

There was a diary a bit since by one of their drivers and it sounded the best job going, no mention of money or conditions but the work did look interesting.

Heard alot of good and bad stories. Suppose a jobs only what you make of it