Feltham Trading Estate

Does anyone tip here or work out of here often?
I took a load down to there last night,but may have got a ticket in the process.
I came in Via the M25 and then on to M4 to J3.
I turned right on to The Pkwy carriageway and then my mistake took a right on to Great south west road.
I then took a Dodgy looking left on to Staines road and that’s when I saw a sign…3.5 hgv zone…except permit?
Is this the DVS permit as my unit is DVS.

I was told the causeway is the way in?

Cheers for any info.

Don’t think that the SLS and DVS are the same things.The former has a 3.5t limit the latter is a 12t limit.
Staines Road from the Parkway is a long way round I’m guessing it’s North Feltham Trading Estate.The Causeway is just straight ahead at the lights at the junction with the A30 definitely don’t turn right unless you’re heading to any of the airfreight etc depots along the A30 or to Ashford etc or M25.
But also don’t think it’s enforced by cameras there.

Buses, I take it that you were going to the North Feltham Trading Estate which is Central Way?

If you turned right on the A30 then looking at Google, you went down to the Clockhouse Roundabout which is where the Esso garage is on the far side and then turned hard left along Staines Road, then I believe you have entered a monitored area. If you had gone straight down The Parkway then in the left hand 2 lanes, followed straight down the Causeway, then this is a free road for the purposes of the London Lorry Ban. Keep out of ■■■■■ Road as well with an artic as I believe this is monitored. You are able to access Radius Park but you must do so from the Hatton Cross Traffic lights junction.

I have worked round Heathrow doing freight and various other bits and there are plenty of roads to keep out of and this is one of them. I have been along here in the day time when the A30 heading to London was closed due to accident but not at night. I tend to err on the side of caution now and if I see a sign saying restrictions for the vehicle I am driving, then I keep out. If anyone knows anything different, please correct me.

einstein:
Buses, I take it that you were going to the North Feltham Trading Estate which is Central Way?

If you turned right on the A30 then looking at Google, you went down to the Clockhouse Roundabout which is where the Esso garage is on the far side and then turned hard left along Staines Road, then I believe you have entered a monitored area. If you had gone straight down The Parkway then in the left hand 2 lanes, followed straight down the Causeway, then this is a free road for the purposes of the London Lorry Ban. Keep out of ■■■■■ Road as well with an artic as I believe this is monitored. You are able to access Radius Park but you must do so from the Hatton Cross Traffic lights junction.

I have worked round Heathrow doing freight and various other bits and there are plenty of roads to keep out of and this is one of them. I have been along here in the day time when the A30 heading to London was closed due to accident but not at night. I tend to err on the side of caution now and if I see a sign saying restrictions for the vehicle I am driving, then I keep out. If anyone knows anything different, please correct me.

Cheers for the info.
Yeah I’m it looked abit dodgy to be honest.
I will wait and see if I get Nip for it.

buses:
I will wait and see if I get Nip for it.

It’s a part…

Of the job I hate. Did I get flashed or didn’t I get flashed, will I be paying a days wages for a genuine oversight or not? Having a chat with your TM about your deliberate and intended attempted murder on some A road last week from someone who claims the kids and the puppies were in the car at the time you almost forced them into a bus stop full of pensioners.

Any other industry’s that offer this level of fun?

Signs at entrance to Staines rd from Clockhouse R/A

google.com/maps/@51.4493823 … 384!8i8192

Your company has given you a delivery to do inside the London Lorry Ban and in this case other control areas, it is their job to give you a compliant vehicle and route to the address. If they gave you a route and you didn’t follow it then that’s your fault; if they didn’t then everything is down to them.

cav551:
Signs at entrance to Staines rd from Colckhouse R/A

Has someone…

Left a dog turd in a bag at the bottom of the sign?

sorry i have nothing better to do today

cav551:

Your company has given you a delivery to do inside the London Lorry Ban and in this case other control areas, it is their job to give you a compliant vehicle and route to the address. If they gave you a route and you didn’t folow it then that’s your fault; if they didn’t then everything is down to them.

Blimey looking closely it looks like he was lucky to get away without a photon torpedo attack from the launchers on the signs.
The Causeway still seems to be as ok now as Green Lane and ■■■■■ Road and every other road was when I was based at Hatton Cross/St Theresa’s Road depot before we moved to North Feltham Trading Estate.No such aggro on any of the roads around there in my time.
With firms like Collings and Stevenson based in Green Lane running all hours day and night.
Seems liken a simple mistake which was then compounded by not stopping along the A30 and checking the route after mistakenly turning right.

cav551:

Your company has given you a delivery to do inside the London Lorry Ban and in this case other control areas, it is their job to give you a compliant vehicle and route to the address. If they gave you a route and you didn’t follow it then that’s your fault; if they didn’t then everything is down to them.

Cheers for the reply…No route given.
If I get the run again I will ask for a (risk assessment or if they have any information on the best way in etc)

Feltham, best to come in on the M3, then the A312 first exit after the lay-by and 50 signs, left of first roundabout past the garage, right at second past the parked cars and you are in when you get to the next roundabout.

lewn777:
Feltham, best to come in on the M3, then the A312 first exit after the lay-by and 50 signs, left of first roundabout past the garage, right at second past the parked cars and you are in when you get to the next roundabout.

There are no more roundabouts after Apex Corner between the Great Chertsey Road junction with the 312 and North Feltham Trading Estate.Keep right past the Airman pub and over the bridge to Minimax Corner.But seems to be other assorted weight restrictions through Hanworth.The Parkway and Causeway are the best way there.

There are holes in the Dvs but they won’t admit it :open_mouth:

Many years ago I used to work for Hertz Truck Rental in Pier Road and used one of their box vans to take and pass my class 3 test in March 1974 at Yeading Driving Test Centre.

waddy640:
Many years ago I used to work for Hertz Truck Rental in Pier Road and used one of their box vans to take and pass my class 3 test in March 1974 at Yeading Driving Test Centre.

Did both my class 2 and class 1 there in 1980 and 85 I did my training at Collings and Stephenson for both.Their test routes probably weren’t the easiest or best for class 1 at least.

Straight on at the lights where you went right (A30), then turn left into Heron Way gets you into the North Feltham estate.
Or you can follow Causeway a bit and turn left into the estate where Tesco is on your right.
Our companys official route used to be along the a30 from the m25, up staines road and left into river gardens, which then brings you into the estate.
The first part of river gardens is residential. Doable, but way easier from the other side.

Carryfast:

waddy640:

Did both my class 2 and class 1 there in 1980 and 85 I did my training at Collings and Stephenson for both.Their test routes probably weren’t the easiest or best for class 1 at least.

Did my class one in June 1979 and that one included Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner and Victoria one way system. Passed 1st time on that one.

The examiner was a fellow employee so it wasn’t quite so stressful.

waddy640:

Carryfast:

waddy640:

Did my class one in June 1979 and that one included Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner and Victoria one way system. Passed 1st time on that one.

The examiner was a fellow employee so it wasn’t quite so stressful.

Hours of driving around the streets of Southall, Uxbridge and Ruislip etc on training let alone the test were enough to put anyone off the job before they’d even started.