Felixstowe container base! dont even bother

Like hundreds of other truck drivers I have now been sitting at Europes Leading Container Port other wise know as Felixstowe for 16 hours, the reason ITS COLD. What the hell is happening to this sodden country, people who use this port on a regular basis know that if they close a door to quickly that the impending draught will cause the crane drivers to run off in fright, know it seems that the cranes wount work in low temperatures, whats next leaves on the dock,low cloud,high cloud, too sunny,too cloudy the list of probables is endless.Our ancesters who fort at the Somme, Passiondale and Rorkes Drift must be spinning in their graves. Come on Felixstowe you are now becoming a very bad joke.

Now its 18 hours and counting

16 hours at 7.55

18 hours at 8.49

Did you look under the trailer for the lost hour?

And its forecast windy this Sunday!! Looks like ya ganna be there a while! :laughing:

Koop:
16 hours at 7.55

18 hours at 8.49

Did you look under the trailer for the lost hour?

And its forecast windy this Sunday!! Looks like ya ganna be there a while! :laughing:

Dont get pickyLOL

It isn’t anything new is it? Delays at Felixstowe :laughing:

They have no one to blame but themselves, they should have taken notice in January 1953

i think every worker sorry shirker to be sacked and all new applications must only hold a taiwan passport where any weather the port works. lets face it everyone is dreding a sunny day. I predict that in 2015 pentalver will unload containers in france or holland drive through the tunnel to the uk quicker than waiting for felixstowe port to start work.

all i’m gonna say on this matter is, thank god i got my box on when i arrived on Thursday evening before it shut :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
all i’m gonna say on this matter is, thank god i got my box on when i arrived on Thursday evening before it shut :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You lucky old thing its 12.45pm and I have just got my box off just got 2 x 20s to put on now, should be home by Christmas

Christmas Eve four years ago is when I got out of my truck at FX & never got in a truck again. 1700hrs ,nobody in the office,no Xmas card ,just a note saying take off the empty box & pick up another in the docks ;Yeah ,Right !!!
I now spend every Winter in Thailand .You see, God is trying to tell you something.
" STAY AWAY FROM ■■■■■■ FX !! "

PS. I have the aircon in my hotel room set at +27C & haven’t shut the patio doors since October…

harry:
Christmas Eve four years ago is when I got out of my truck at FX & never got in a truck again. 1700hrs ,nobody in the office,no Xmas card ,just a note saying take off the empty box & pick up another in the docks ;Yeah ,Right !!!
I now spend every Winter in Thailand .You see, God is trying to tell you something.
" STAY AWAY FROM ■■■■■■ FX !! "

PS. I have the aircon in my hotel room set at +27C & haven’t shut the patio doors since October…

THANKS Harry thats really made me feel better knowing that the bad luck good luck balance has been restored. Git, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: LOL

little enis:

shuttlespanker:

You lucky old thing its 12.45pm and I have just got my box off just got 2 x 20s to put on now, should be home by Christmas

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well, i did have 3 telephone calls on friday morning from my traffic office to see how i was getting on and if i had actually got my box on or not :laughing:

little enis; Its a YingYang thing ! LOL!!
Everything you want in the World is there.All you have do to is to have the courage to reach out & take it. Don’t leave it too late.

harry:
Everything you want in the World is there.All you have do to is to have the courage to reach out & take it. Don’t leave it too late.

In’t that a shipping line ?

harry:

he can’t reach, he’s only got little arms :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Goaty:

harry:

no, that’s Yang Ming

shuttlespanker:

Goaty:

harry:

no, that’s Yang Ming

I know. :wink:

Sorry folks was my fault i was deiceing my freezer.Didnt think the cold would travel from old felix to the port.
I wondered why op stack was in place…thought it was due to the fog coming in but no its was icy…it was foggy later in the day which was a nice excuse to make even more delays…but notice how felix doesnt usually have any delays on a friday or saturday…

Its a YingYang Thang,Ya’ All!!!
Yang Ming was a perfect example ; used to come in loaded & go out empty .If it had been the other way around we would have been richer than China.

jayeastanglia:
Sorry folks was my fault i was deiceing my freezer.Didnt think the cold would travel from old felix to the port.
I wondered why op stack was in place…thought it was due to the fog coming in but no its was icy…it was foggy later in the day which was a nice excuse to make even more delays…but notice how felix doesnt usually have any delays on a friday or saturday…

Next time you de-ice your fridge jay give us a bit of notice Oh and do not let your kettle boil too long the mist will shut the ****s down again :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh bugger, sorry chaps I had mushy peas wi’ me tea, looks like sunday and monday morning are out too.