Felixstow `tainer dock

Just a quick one for you. I maybee taking an empty box back to Felixstow tommorrow and just wondered if anyone could give me the low down. Ive done a couple before at Tilbury where you have to check in in the office and then wait for your number to be called then type in your ref No. in the little hut and then wait for the lift, but have never been to Felixstow. Do they run a similar system?

Thanks in advance - (Just as an after thought, I have had my Class 1 for exactly 2 years to the day, am I experienced now :wink: )

Do you have a RHIDES card ?

And do you yet know which terminal you’re going on ?

I have no idea what that card is or which terminal, probably wont know until the last miinute as usual. Update just Googled RHIDES Road Haulage I D Card S.stem. Perhaps Im not then ■■?

Depends whether you are going to Languard or Trinity terminal.

Most probably Trinity.You follow signs for dock gate2 Trinity 2000 go through security turn right at roundabout and join the queue.when you get to canopy,checker will give you paperwork to take into office.
Office will print you out a receipt and a location to take your box
when you get to slot crane will remove/put on your box.
if you are slightly out of position in your slot you need to move your lorry (as the crane wont move)and then the crane will lower it onto your trailer.

You need to have a RHIDES card though,or you wont get in the dock :wink:

having last week gone into felix after 5 yrs away from the place all i will say is, take plenty of reading material,and some I.D you will need it for a rhides card,

and if you think 43 at tilbury is bad,felix can be slow at best and standstill if some one ■■■■■ near the place.

as they have forcast strong winds , you can bet it wont be long before it shuts.

passes come from pass office behind the cop shop,by gate 1,and the big terminal is trinity,small one languard,basically think tilbury times 20? and you will get some idea of the size.

if in doubt ask ,as some one will point you in the right direction,try to get in there in daylight it helps.the place can be a maze at night.

43 pier @Tilbury is a lot better… you should try the muppets @ Hull… Good God… :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rewmer:
I have no idea what that card is or which terminal, probably wont know until the last miinute as usual. Update just Googled RHIDES Road Haulage I D Card S.stem. Perhaps Im not then ■■?

rhides.com/ explains it

Them terrorists have alot to answer for haven’t they!

bikemonkey:
You need to have a RHIDES card though,or you wont get in the dock :wink:

dont need a RHIDES card to get in the port but do need 1 to get a container…I havent got 1 but still get in and out ok with no problems.

Just a side issue for you lads that carry boxes out there… Who are the companies that move radioactive loads in containers…■■

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: