Feeling unwell

LASHHGV:
Years ago coming back from Blackpool lights on M6 a truck had hit the central support column of a bridge. The sight sickened me and I had to tell kids to look away. I later learnt driver dead possible heart attack. Not calling the dead and rip drive but did this driver ‘crack on’ like the old school drivers did.
Anyway Dozy why do you keep posting crap haven’t you got people to upset with your poor driving.

But he didn’t crash into a cental support beam ,he didn’t even pull over at the road even thoughnthebbleeding hearts brigade on here would have you believe that’s what was about to happen ,no he continued too drive for 2 days ,and then if you believe the bleeding hearts brigade on here he was about too have a heart attack he managed too ring his boss up ,he then even though he was seriously ill and about too die ,crash into a support beam he managed too come on t/ net and post what a ■■■■ his boss was amazing ,zb amazing :exclamation: :exclamation:
Obviously his boss ,me ,the moderators who passed so must of seen nothing wrong with my post rant nieve enough too have the wool pulled over our eyes ,the other posteare at best nieve or thick and get taken in by any old sob story .
Dieing Thursday ,posting on t/ net mon ,I rest my case

dozy:
The issue is that years ago we just got on with the job whatever ,we drove until we fell,now we have the new age truck driver who needs a month off to recover from a headache etc .

:laughing: Keep it up doze mate, you are ■■■■■■ priceless :laughing: :laughing:
Take dozy,s advice lads, if you feel chest pains coming on, and you are on the verge of a heart attack, …drive until you fall :unamused: ffs :unamused:

I’m fully behind Dipper Daves campaign and as such am changing my sig until our brother is freed.

robroy:

dozy:
The issue is that years ago we just got on with the job whatever ,we drove until we fell,now we have the new age truck driver who needs a month off to recover from a headache etc .

:laughing: Keep it up doze mate, you are [zb] priceless :laughing: :laughing:
Take dozy,s advice lads, if you feel chest pains coming on, and you are on the verge of a heart attack, …drive until you fall :unamused: ffs :unamused:

only at stobrats that robroy! :grimacing: drive until you fall, or disciplinary! :imp: :open_mouth: :unamused: dozy you are a LEDGE :sunglasses:

the maoster:
I’m fully behind Dipper Daves campaign and as such am changing my sig until our brother is freed.

It’s probably not the best idea ,cider and scores too settle would probably be a recipe for carnage ,how ever much I like the idea of it ( a few days would do it ) it probably wouldn’t be in the best interests of t/ net and over the years I’ve had some really helpful info ,Connor ,wheelnut ,robk ,coffee to name but a few ,so I wouldn’t like too get the site shut down through my actions :exclamation: .
Dennis does a good job of keeping me in check ( my 2 nd dad :wink: ( poor Dennis :laughing: ) by consigning 99.9 % of what I post to the random crap bin ,best leave it as it is .
Anyway I change shifts ,hours ,job ( same firm ) so won’t be around very much too upset the natives ( big sigh of relief I hear ) from the 18 th .
But thank you moaster for words of support :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

A guy i used to work with was delivering to a pub when he was bitten in the leg by a customers pitbull outside in the beer garden ( the customer promptly ■■■■■■ off )
he phoned the office in agony saying that he had to go to hospital to get checked out as there was blood everywhere, the office response…
can you not finish the run first ? :open_mouth:
obviously he wasn’t a real driver as he told them to ■■■■ off !! :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
It’s not unknown for a problem/illness to be tolerable dozy and then get worse to the point it is no longer so the fact he waited from Thursday until Saturday isn’t really an issue without knowing the full circumstances.

Note: This post might not make a lot of sense at the moment but may do when the 3 or 4 posts dozy has made on this thread and are waiting for approval get approved, or not, in a few hours time. :smiley:

Why has Dozy’s posts been sent for moderation? Seems a bit unfair that after posting that comment he now cant defend himself. No idea how he could talk his way out of such an idiotic statement but he is getting pelters and unable to respond as to what he was thinking when he hit enter.

The-Snowman:

Coffeeholic:
It’s not unknown for a problem/illness to be tolerable dozy and then get worse to the point it is no longer so the fact he waited from Thursday until Saturday isn’t really an issue without knowing the full circumstances.

Note: This post might not make a lot of sense at the moment but may do when the 3 or 4 posts dozy has made on this thread and are waiting for approval get approved, or not, in a few hours time. :smiley:

Why has Dozy’s posts been sent for moderation? Seems a bit unfair that after posting that comment he now cant defend himself. No idea how he could talk his way out of such an idiotic statement but he is getting pelters and unable to respond as to what he was thinking when he hit enter.

Don’t worry about dozy, it will be water off a ducks back.
I mean he MUST be used to coming on here and making a ■■■■ of himself by now :laughing:
He has got it down to a fine art, it’s a skill :smiley:

I’ve just had 3 days off with a broken flask, back in tonight without so much as a back to work interview. :laughing:

Alot of it is also because some drivers take the [zb]…

If a bloke suddenly has chest pains then time is of the essence,dont be a prick or a hero.Get a proper medical assessment sooner rather than later.Sadly some people are unreliable workers and throw sickies regularly,they are good news for the agencies though.

109LWB:

dozy:

And maybe thats why bin lorries go out of control and kill people?

If I feel unwell, I don’t drive, simple as… Boss can do what he likes.

If end up hurting someone because Ive been a hero like our friend Dozy, I couldn’t continue doing the job.

well the op did continue driving ,he didn’t kill anyone ,he just came on her today moaning about his boss not Oking his illness ,seems his boss was right ,or is he posting from the cardiac ward :unamused: :unamused:

robroy:

The-Snowman:

Coffeeholic:

Don’t worry about dozy, it will be water off a ducks back.
I mean he MUST be used to coming on here and making a [zb] of himself by now :laughing:
He has got it down to a fine art, it’s a skill :smiley:

no it’s just a case of I’m not gullible like you lot ,you get taken in by any old sob story ,I’ve heard them all and more over the years ,and at the end of the day I’m proven RIGHT ,he’s not had a heart attack ,he’s not drove into a motorway bridge ,crashed killing x amount of people ,he’s just come on here ranting his boss is a ■■■■ for not oking him being I’ll :unamused: :unamused:

dozy:

Dipper_Dave:

dozy:

Now its little gems like this that are why I would like you taken off premed. Now I’m sure there are some folks out there who make the most of a poorly as well as those who just crack on through even the most brutal period pains but for this topic we are discussing chest pains which can be very serious.

As for what ‘we’ did back in the day, those that where the royal ‘we’ and not just a neewbie Stobbies (or Stoddies as you would call them) driver like yourself who is still yet to receive the golden rivet, rarely discuss past shenanigans apart from in the company of other members of the golden rivet club.

Just guessin…

Ffs the pain started on Thursday ,yes I’ll repeat that Thursday ,Saturday ,yes half way through Saturday he was that bad he decided too ring his boss,t.o too clear it too go and get checked ,if it was that bloody bad he would of got it checked out on the Thursday ,straight away as you would if it was that bad or even rang 999 from cab if you weren’t already dead .
But no he continued too drive Thursday ,drive Friday ,and then got halfway through Saturday ( 2 days later ) and was that seriously ill he felt he needed too get permission from his bosses too go and get this serious chest pain sorted out ,give me a bloody break :unamused: .
Call me a septic ,but Saturday afternoon ,not feeling good ,more like a excuse too not turn up Sunday after a night on the ■■■■ ,but no that never happens :unamused: .

Is this a joke post? :unamused:

dozy:
no it’s just a case of I’m not gullible like you lot ,you get taken in by any old sob story ,I’ve heard them all and more over the years ,and at the end of the day I’m proven RIGHT ,he’s not had a heart attack ,he’s not drove into a motorway bridge ,crashed killing x amount of people ,he’s just come on here ranting his boss is a [zb] for not oking him being I’ll :unamused: :unamused:

This time. Im not having a go at your stance on this. The first time I read it I thought the same thing as you. Ill on thursday but waited till Saturday to decide it needed looked at?
But the fact is it COULD have been serious. What if he had kept going because “thats how the old school did it” then had a heart attack and smashed into a crowd of people?
Im not taking sides as I can see both sides of this one. I think the main issue you have is that the OP waited till Saturday then had a go at his boss for not rushing out with the flowers and get well card. And I can see why. But I can also see the OPs view as well. IF it happened like reported with the phone being put down curtly.

If anyone is having serious chest pains and their first thoughts are to phone work to see if it’s okay to miss a shift or two then either the chest pains aren’t really serious or if they are then there’s a good example of natural selection at work.

I carried on with work Thursday,Friday and Saturday because I’m not a sick note. I gave 24 hours notice that I needed to get checked out. This is the first time that I have done this since I started with this outfit after 2 years,I feel the replies to my post generally are dubious to my intentions, however I can assure that I did have chest pains thought I was doing the right thing but obviously not,next time I will carry on driving a 44t artic regardless

You carried on this time driving a 44T regardless for 2 1/2 days, next time get checked out immediately.
I had bad upper stomach/ lower chest pains the beginning of Dec, problem breathing, just after work, went to hospital and they done a load of tests, heart ok, it was gall stones, I thought I was finshed but 10hrs on morphine I was ok again.

Minger:
Have had a pain in my chest since Thursday but carried on working till half way through my shift on Saturday when I thought I needed to get it checked out. Phoned the numpty weekend controller to tell him I won’t be able to do my Sunday shift,the response? Well I’ve already sorted your shift tomorrow,oh, never mind, I’ll have to sort something out and put the phone down. What happened to "are you ok to finish your drive today, is there anything we can do for you? Just because I drive a truck does that mean I am valued so little?.

sounds like aldi you are completely irrelevant all that matters is the delivery . never drive unwell mate the result can be catastrophic. I had chest pains driving 4 years ago got checked out immediately .lucky me I had a blockage in an artery 2 stents and a heart attack later I am still driving and feeling well .take no chances mate goodluck .