Feeling stuiped

Started new job and was told rate of pay which was a bit low but shift pattern suited,so fair enough. However done 4 shifts of 9 hours each and wages works out at £7.50 an hour. An experienced artic driver earning that money I am ashamed

Minger:
Started new job and was told rate of pay which was a bit low but shift pattern suited,so fair enough. However done 4 shifts of 9 hours each and wages works out at £7.50 an hour. An experienced artic driver earning that money I am ashamed

Well go get a better job, but before that fix the spelling mistake in the title!

Maybe I am so stupid I can’t spell stupid

What rate did you think you were on when you started?

£10 per hour first 8 then £13.50

In your position my post would have been entitled “Bloody shysters!” And then I’d have said ; don’t work for XYZ haulage as they are crooks! They promised me £X per hour and after 4 shifts I discovered that they were paying me £7.50 per hour. I quit immediately after leaving the vehicle in a layby on the B… after draining the fuel tank into all my friends cars as recompense.

That’s how it should have gone dude.

the maoster:
In your position my post would have been entitled “Bloody shysters!” And then I’d have said ; don’t work for XYZ haulage as they are crooks! They promised me £X per hour and after 4 shifts I discovered that they were paying me £7.50 per hour. I quit immediately after leaving the vehicle in a layby on the B… after draining the fuel tank into all my friends cars as recompense.

That’s how it should have gone dude.

+1

Anyone would struggle on 300 a week surely?

Minger:
£10 per hour first 8 then £13.50

so what is their explanation ?
you were expecting 374 and they gave you 270 that’s a hell of a difference.

What sort of truck do you drive and does it wear the entire All Ride products list?
From the title “feeling stupid” I thought you’d met Roy Hodgson at Lymm truckstop. :laughing:

Emergency tax code?

Dodgy agency umbrella scheme?

Minger:
Anyone would struggle on 300 a week surely?

Not really, we’re all different and have different levels of outgoings… but why did you think you were on £10ph yet are only on £7.20?
If they lied to you about the wage then best ask them whats going on, if you ‘thought’ or were ‘under the impression’ it was a better rate then more fool you for not asking first.

Socketset:
Emergency tax code?

It’s got be something like that, surely?

Name and shame…

yourhavingalarf:
Name and shame…

Then next week when you find your on emergency tax look for another job when they sack you

Feeling stupid and looking stupid.

could well be post brexit tax regime.

Stuiped is as Stuiped does.