Feeling let down

Nice way to end the day!

First time in 21 years commercial driving I’ve had a puncture.

Well, instead of standing there taking photos, get the wheelbrace and scaffold pole out. The wheel won’t change itself :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards.John.

old 67:
Well, instead of standing there taking photos, get the wheelbrace and scaffold pole out. The wheel won’t change itself :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards.John.

If I had a spare I would! Wouldn’t be the first time but sadly it’s a dying art now as most firms dont want you touching it.

This was mine from a few weeks ago. Blew the steel wheel arch clean over the barrier (it’s still by the side of the motorway, 3 miles north of junction 16 on the M6 southbound), as well as blowing electrical and air lines

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That’s better than mine :laughing:

I was literally about half a mile from where I planned to park up and the steering started kicking back so I opened the window and heard “the noise” and knew so limped it into my ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Least it happened now and not tomorrow :grimacing:

Toonsy, don’t forget you can’t start your rest until all the wheels are on the ground. [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Toonsy, don’t forget you can’t start your rest until all the wheels are on the ground. [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I can confirm I’m still on pay!

I’ll hear the fitter coming anyway, just listen for a van being driven two gears too low and 2000 rpm too high :laughing:

Toonsy - 21 years without one!? What’s the secret? Had 3 from memory in 3 years so far inc one blowout although luckily not on the front wheels.

CookieMonster - did you do your walk around checks and still missed that “slightly bent” wheelarch rubbing on the trailer wheels? Not sure the boss will believe that. :wink:

trevHCS:
Toonsy - 21 years without one!? What’s the secret? Had 3 from memory in 3 years so far inc one blowout although luckily not on the front wheels.

CookieMonster - did you do your walk around checks and still missed that “slightly bent” wheelarch rubbing on the trailer wheels? Not sure the boss will believe that. :wink:

God knows.

Only one breakdown too where I’ve not been able to at least limp it somewhere reasonable.

Admittedly that one time was in the middle of Hyde Park Corner :laughing:

toonsy:

old 67:

Regards.John.

If I had a spare I would! Wouldn’t be the first time but sadly it’s a dying art now as most firms dont want you touching it.

Wouldn’t be the first time but you’ve never had a puncture? :wink:

toonsy:
That’s better than mine :laughing:

I was literally about half a mile from where I planned to park up and the steering started kicking back so I opened the window and heard “the noise” and knew so limped it into my ■■■■■■■■■■■■. Least it happened now and not tomorrow :grimacing:

My old gaffer once said to me " How come whenever you break down it’s always near a cafe " Just sheer luck really .

Mine yesterday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

switchlogic:

toonsy:

old 67:

Regards.John.

Wouldn’t be the first time but you’ve never had a puncture? :wink:

Not on a commercial vehicle, no. Cars yes, but not at roadside.

toonsy:
First time in 21 years commercial driving I’ve had a puncture.

The only job I had where we had the kit to change a wheel was Euro coaching but that was a no go area, tyre fitter was called. Same with my lot now, the euro trailers have spare wheels but if its needing to be used it’s a callout. UK ones have diddly.

Hell even cars these days dont often have a full size spare. Mine does (because it’s old) but my wife’s has a bottle of that tyre weld stuff.

Only 1 Puncture?

2 for the price of 1 for me