Fed Ex & wprg agency?

Hi guys, just looking for a heads up for a mate, he’s been offered a position at Stanstead airport with Fed Ex via a company called WPRG, guess some sort of agency. They say it’s a temp to perm with options of any shifts, so does anyone know much about this work? Any idea what they run out of there & where too? What are Fed Ex like to work for??

Fed ex are are ok mate no probs with them not to sure about the agency thought tbh could be a dodgy one, lets see if anybody else posts about them, Just seen where your from roll on roll of job advertised up there ain,t that up your street or don,t you like the waste game, just a thought bud

I run into Marston Gate a lot - and I’ve never seen a hi-viz with WPRG on it among a large number of various agencies that DO exist, and have drivers either working out of MG or running into there from some remote local depot somewhere.

As for the work - You pick up your truck from somewhere local to the depot you’re working out of, stick it on a bay, pump truck the load on yourself, run into one of the hubs, drop trailer, derv tractor, park up and take a break (canteen open at night at MG) then pick up dispatch trailer back to base with it usually choc-a-block with stuff.
Pretty straight forward. :slight_smile:

Fedex good, can’t comment on agency. Although I’m agency I’ve been running out of Gretna pretty much full time since October covering sick, holidays and ‘oh ■■■■’. Units are mostly Axors (arse sores) with Actroses being introduced, there are some old DAFs, ERFs & Volvos at Newcastle under Lyme. Kit is sound/well maintained and all the depots I’ve been in have decent canteens. People I’ve come across are generally nice although like everywhere else it can get fractious when things go 5hitshaped. Pay not top rate, hell of a lot better than most though, but then apart from a bit of pallet trucking and catching/dropping trailers you’re sat on your bum most of the shift. Its all box trailers so no curtains or strapping.

Governor. Pm me. i will tell you all you need to know :slight_smile: mostly bad lol.

Hi
I work out of Marston Gate started there full time in Nov last year easiest job I have done :smiley:

WPRG is Wayne Peters Recruitment Group they were at Sainsbury WP and had a lot of drivers who couldn’t get through the S induction but had apparently passed WPRG induction. They paid less than H&G don’t know if they are still at WP. FedEx is sound work but be wary of promise of permanent job as not many leave FedEx.

The days of promising permanent jobs went by after 2008, I was lucky to be set on years ago when you did a maximum of 10wks agency and pretty much automatically got set on full time there. Lots of poor sods on zero hours for years now who cant get on full time due to none of us leaving as its clean straight trunking work for half decent money.

Ive done one shift for Fed Ex through an agency and i left eurocentral, picked up a load from Glasgow then took it to Gretna…

got to Gretna dropped the trailer on a bay, parked up, went to the office and the guy said…go to your bunk, your load wont be ready for another 6 hours !! :open_mouth:

12 hour night shift with 7 hours in my bunk !! :smiley: