Feck !

Well iam felling a tad sorry for myself today
I had the oportunity to start at a well known firm as a Saturday driver shortly after passing my test, but ive been working for them vitually full time doing drops on class 2 and 7.5 tonners and also filling in @ the warehouse , Yes i have made some mistakes being brand new but Friday i dropped a real clanger fracturing my ankle and and damageing my ligaments falling down a kerb after getting off the wagon.
Now i have a worry regarding my 6 month probation period which iam still in , could this be a easy way to get rid of me rather than pay my sickness? ( in know they want to shed a few) plus iam only entiteled to saturdays only sick .

any help would be appreciated (or sympathy lool )

Alex B,

I can give you lots of sympathy feller. Even though we all know about getting out of the cab, we all sometimes hurry a little bit and ‘there but for the grace of god go I’. Sorry to hear about it mate.

I don’t know enough about sickness rights and employment to be able to give you any advice really, but first off, how long are you going to be unable to drive?

Could you use the time that you can’t drive to do some Dcpc or another course like ADR so that when you can drive again at least you have used the time to some advantage?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your accident.
Good Luck,
LandyLad.

LandyLad:
Alex B,

I can give you lots of sympathy feller. Even though we all know about getting out of the cab, we all sometimes hurry a little bit and ‘there but for the grace of god go I’. Sorry to hear about it mate.

I don’t know enough about sickness rights and employment to be able to give you any advice really, but first off, how long are you going to be unable to drive?

Could you use the time that you can’t drive to do some Dcpc or another course like ADR so that when you can drive again at least you have used the time to some advantage?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your accident.
Good Luck,
LandyLad.

Thanks landy , that extra course idea is a good 1, i will be out of action for 3 weeks minimum …