Fearings transport or j.w.jackson Lancs

I had Saturday and holiday job at Jacksons in 1965/66 - mostly in the garage cleaning and greasing the Seddons - I wonder if the head mechanic’s name was Alf? Also did a couple of weeks as driver’s mate mostly going to mills round Nelson and going as far as Oldham and most places between.

Hi all,
One of the first things that got me into wagons & wanting to drive them was the two above companies.FEARINGS I think were based in Burnley? They used to contract out of Hygrade on Junction st in Colne carrying corrigated paper reels on short trailers I was only about 10 . I think they ran AEC’s? I used to press my nose against the fence & watch the drivers load up, sheet up, hook up & go! Anyone remember them? I’m going back to the late Sixties early Seventies. Love some photo’s?

The other firm was J.W.JACKSON of Norfolk st Nelson. I used t wuk int mill tha nose! I was only 17 & I used to work on the loading bay at DAWES & CO & load these boys. They only ran 4 wheel flat rigids, Seddon Aki’s if I remember rightly. When old Jackson died it got sold & became GREENLINE & then further down the line NIGHTFREIGHT which is now a big concern!
I remember some of the drivers names: Stan Balderstone, Norman …, Colin Driver, & one we used to call Jock for obvious reasons. I bet they will be in their seventies now if they are still with us?
Anyone remember the firm or the drivers I’ve Mentioned? Again love to see some photo’s!