Favouritism

Anyone else finding that favouritism for the complainers and snowflakes is now taking over your yard, I’ve worked for the same firm on class 1 and 2 for 22 years now and I’ve never know things to be so unfair, if you create and complain you get the route you want and are left alone but if you just get on with things and get the job done you get given all the routes and areas no one else wants to do, we’ve even got a driver who starts crying if he doesn’t get his own way and plenty who threaten to walk out if they are given anything else to do other than the route they like.
This is all on palletised multidrop and the managers just pander to these tw*ts all day long because they’re terrified of losing a driver or failing drops, the rest of just get told that we are experienced and more flexible so we have to get on with it.
Most things just go over my head after so many years in this business but it’s beginning to get on my nerves and I don’t see why I should have to potentially leave and go somewhere else just to get some fair treatment.

Plus ca change!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Your options are

say something, suggest a rota of the routes etc.

Do the same as them.

Carry on and keep quiet

Or leave

Well if you can’t beat them join then… It’s the only way.
No way I’d put up with being unfairly treated because of some cry baby.

The wingers and moaners get away with murder at the place I work, so much so I have now joined in the fun. Or if you are mates with the burke on the desk you get a decent day out and no back for.

You have this in all industry. Especially now drivers are a needed commodity and are in short supply. Managers will always lean on the “good” ones as it makes their life easier. In an ideal world you would get rid of the bad ones and replace with good ones but this is not the case in reality.

Waking up and realising you are the boss and to make your own decisions will be like a huge light bulb switching on. Also ignoring the politics as well.

I stayed with one company in a different industry for 15 years. It took me 10 to realise that loyalty doesn’t pay and once I took that leap to look for jobs elsewhere is when everything got immediately better in terms of progression and internal hatred.

My place at the moment at least is quite varied and the jobs I get can be one week going to the NW and the next doing multidrop in the outskirts of London. I will be honest I do not really like going to London but on the flip side doing trunking to same place 24/7 would do my head in as well.

From a planners point of view. This is wrong I know but planners tend to give the hard workers who don’t moan and just get on with the job the harder crappier runs. The work shy moaners get the easier better work. It makes the planners job easier doing it this way.

Have a great day [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteWhiteWhite:
From a planners point of view. This is wrong I know but planners tend to give the hard workers who don’t moan and just get on with the job the harder crappier runs. The work shy moaners get the easier better work. It makes the planners job easier doing it this way.

Have a great day [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s sad but it’s true. Why bother giving work to someone who’s going to ■■■■■ and moan for ages then probably reduce to do it, just give it to someone else that you know will do it and save all the hassle

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Times and demand changes over time… those snowflakes or similar will be the first to go when it does I would hope ? better to be the hard worker today and tomorrow, than out of a job when most needed… (newbie as returrning after long period away), but thats my thoughts on something like this… and why take what Im given do my best, knowing that I need to prove Im worth keeping for when it does change back… because when it will… snowflakes will then be crying and moaning for a totally different reason, and blaiming everyone but themselves.

“Whingers and Snowflakes”?

That is those other people who complain about or refuse do what they consider to be too onerous and unreasonable.

This is totally different to when I complain about or refuse a job, because I am merely standing up for my rights, and refusing to be bullied by unreasonable management.

Gavv8:
Athe rest of just get told that we are experienced and more flexible so we have to get on with it.

Absolutely no issue with this whatsoever, so long as it’s also reflected in the pay. If that’s not the case I’d be looking to take my experience and flexibility elsewhere

The Company I worked for moved from Daventry, into a bigger depot and increased the workforce. The “old” Drivers who moved into the new depot nearly always did the same “good” paying runs week in week out regular runs regular nights out,so regular the locals in the pubs and cafes knew them by name. When us “new” Drivers began to out number the “oldies” and started having a moan things changed much to some of the “oldies” disgust.
Dont know who you work for,it dont sound much cop if they are worried about losing Drivers , but you need to stand your ground and complain

It’s happened in every place I’ve ever worked both driving and non driving.

Its every where only that sometimes its easier to use reverse psychology. In our place we have one who takes the ■■■■. He came up to me one day and said how come you get a new truck every few months. I just told him i dont cause damage like him. He never speaks to me anymore. Fridays by 12 am normally home

Gavv8:
Anyone else finding that favouritism for the complainers and snowflakes is now taking over your yard, I’ve worked for the same firm on class 1 and 2 for 22 years now and I’ve never know things to be so unfair, if you create and complain you get the route you want and are left alone but if you just get on with things and get the job done you get given all the routes and areas no one else wants to do, we’ve even got a driver who starts crying if he doesn’t get his own way and plenty who threaten to walk out if they are given anything else to do other than the route they like.
This is all on palletised multidrop and the managers just pander to these tw*ts all day long because they’re terrified of losing a driver or failing drops, the rest of just get told that we are experienced and more flexible so we have to get on with it.
Most things just go over my head after so many years in this business but it’s beginning to get on my nerves and I don’t see why I should have to potentially leave and go somewhere else just to get some fair treatment.

i never give it a thought about what other drivers are doing, my only concern is looking at where to park up at night, on a good day a walk or bus ride into town… start beating yourself up over other drivers runs is a recipe for stress

Snowflake , we’re meant to be rough tough lorry drivers , just sounds wrong to me , never used that word , and never heard of any of my mates , they’d get the ■■■■ tipped out of them if they did
About time we went back to talking like men not some bloody softy

Sorry had to post this clip :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
youtu.be/8EI7p2p1QJI

T’was ever thus. I occasionally get irked by having to pick up the slack from somebody who “doesn’t do London” or needs to be home because his Grannies budgie just died, but I calm myself by thinking that they’ve just put money from their pocket into mine and also that every stretch of tarmac pays me the same regardless of where it is.

I used to hate getting a really good load as there would invariably be two or three sh*te ones following it. :laughing: