Favourite road and why?

To start;Leicester to Newark.Nice twin track and good views.
It reminds me of France.
Southampton to Poole through the New Forest…
Exeter to Plymouth or Bodmin.Rolling hills.
The end part of the A420 when you see the top of the buildings in Oxford.
Most roads around Shropshire,Shrewsbury,Wrexham,and Ludlow.
Stow on the Wold and the Fosse way old Roman roads.
Thetford forest.

A1 south from Markham moor to London, as I’m doing regularly!! Traffic, accident and cone free please!!!
Failing that the road back to me house is just as satysfying!! Not that I get on that one much…

UK A1 sc bit from Edinburgh to Newcastle, fast road with decent views and plenty of good overtaking spots.

European, N340 round Tarifa, Algeciras, because you really know your only a stones through from Africa!

The one at the top of the street cause when I turn left off it within 100yrd I’m HOME :grimacing: :grimacing:

hwy23 east in Manitoba between Deerwood and Miami villages ,when i start in the morning and the sun is coming up on a normal summer day and i get to edge of the escarpment you can see all the way to the curve of the horizon,the road going straight as the eye can see :blush: :blush: …a really stunning view breathtaking.
The orangie /red sun shinning ,the deer and the birds in the fields ,it even makes a grumpy git like me feel good :blush:
jimmy.

Loved them all , Bob Hope and Bing Crosby , what a combination , always made me laugh. :grimacing:

Almeria to Motril on the cliff top drive and curves in Andulucia Espania.
The back roads in the Basque country in Spain.
Navara area of Spain.Galicia and Vigo coast roads.
Koblenz area Germany along the river.
The road around Monaco or Monte Carlo whatever it’s called.

Banff to Hope at this time of year , 99% of this forum would drive it for free ,end of thread :laughing: .

The A1 (except the motorway bits :imp: )

A5, North Wales, early morning, no traffic.

Any road leading out of London !

Highway to hell. (Great Song)

I’ll second a couple already mentioned -

A1 Edinburgh to Newcastle

Koblenz to Rudesheim along the side of the Rhein

Also love the A487 Aberystwyth to Aberaeron (it means I’m nearly home and is stunning on a sunny day)

A75 to Stranear with the view of the bay.

nick2008:
The one at the top of the street cause when I turn left off it within 100yrd I’m HOME :grimacing: :grimacing:

My thoughts entirely absolutely agree road that my home is on

A75 between Dumfries and Newton Stewart, beautiful scenery

A628 over the Woodhead to Langsett. Early in a morning when the dams are flat calm, there’s nowhere to beat it, IMO.

I used to have a photo of 3 Pickfords traction engines parked at Salter’s Brook bridge while triple-heading a 100-odd ton casting(possibly a drop hammer bottom anvil?) to Warrington. That must have been interesting…

mick.mh2racing:
A75 between Dumfries and Newton Stewart, beautiful scenery

Funnily enough, I delivered some rail stuff yesterday to Barrhill, along the A714 from Newton Stewart, and then ran to ■■■■■■■ via Girvan. Outstanding scenery but definitely need to be on holliers, dawdling in the camper van to enjoy it to the max.

A470 Merthyr to Brecon.
A30 Exeter to Redruth ( In the winter so no holiday muppets)

Provided I’m not in an under-powered fully loaded truck, A66 heading West with amazing lake district views.

threewheelsonmywagon:
Outstanding scenery but definitely need to be on holliers, dawdling in the camper van to enjoy it to the max.

A836/838 up the top, round the Kyle of Tongue, Durness, Laxford Bridge.

Not one for Artics (although there’s a few convenience stores up there & they get the odd wagon)
Fantastic scenery, did it last year in the Jeep doing B & B’s,
Defo’ going back up there in the motorhome.