Favourite Freight Ferry Drivers Lounge Meals

What’s your favourite freight drivers lounge meals on your ferry trips?

Probably won,t have many agreeing with me but breakfast on P&O and Seafrance was ok,or evening meal in the early hrs on Norfolkline.

Brittany Ferries, by a long way. Also some freighters were pretty good because you ate with the crew.

Strangely, I used to like the “airline style” meals on tunnel too.

Neither strictly “drivers lounge” but I never found much to choose between any of them, so none really stand out for me.

Brittany Ferries…

Again. The Pompey Caen boat always served up decent sized steaks, a nice quaffable red and a huge help yourself range of starters.

I was always surprised by the number of French drivers who ordered the ‘fool Eeeenglish’ for their breakfast.

If anyone puts down anything served on a Stena boat then they clearly have no taste buds food is pure dung by a long way, Ulysess serves about the best food all round, haven’t been on the new tub yet so can’t vouch for that

The carvery on the Hull Zeeby night ferry, anybody who could criticise it would be hard to please.
(9 yrs since I was on there btw… so hope it hasn’t changed. :smiley: )

Colour Line between Oslo and Kiel, you get the same as the paying punters via a voucher, not bad at all. The other is Immingham to Gothenburg freight boat, it’s the crew meals served in a separate room with only 12 drivers max :stuck_out_tongue:

Brittany ferries, Hull Rotterdam Hull to Zeeby always good on these ferries

Another vote for Brittany Ferries and P&O Hull - Zeebrugge

dfds Newhaven /Dieppe back a few years was always good quality and choice.

m.a.n rules:
dfds Newhaven /Dieppe back a few years was always good quality and choice.

Still decent enough and well priced about a fiver for a decent feed

Only done the hull Ferries as a paying passenger, but I can usually manage 7-9 courses from the buffet :smiley:

Mazzer2:
If anyone puts down anything served on a Stena boat then they clearly have no taste buds food is pure dung by a long way, Ulysess serves about the best food all round, haven’t been on the new tub yet so can’t vouch for that

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
p&o certinly wins it hands down over stena nowadays on the cairnryan boats,though a while ago another driver asked me " why is it the flipflop server always asks if you want leek soup,then dishes out tomato,vegetable,minestrone ect"■■
i had to point out to him that he wasnt being asked if he wanted leek soup,and that he was being asked " would you like soup in a taliban accent"

as far as cross channel goes,then the caen boat is as good as it gets overall for me with the plus point of being gently roused from your slumbers by nice music gradually increasing in volume unlike the birkenhead boats where your tannoyed to death at max volume to get rid of you asap.

Steak and a red sounds great! What else is good? Do they serve a wide range of options in the drivers lounge?

Full disclosure, I’d like to write an article for our blog about some of the best meals available to freight drivers on ferry routes.

Mazzer2:
If anyone puts down anything served on a Stena boat then they clearly have no taste buds food is pure dung by a long way,

Again it was 9 yrs ago, but the Stenna Superfast Stranraer Belfast was fine,.even the old tub they used on that run also was ok,.and there’s nowt wrong with my taste buds :smiley: ,…and I never eat crap food either, if it is crap I leave it.

Immingham Gothenburg for me,

Brittany by a long shot, never had a bad meal on them. The pear cheesecake is heavenly, could eat one every day.

robroy:

Mazzer2:
If anyone puts down anything served on a Stena boat then they clearly have no taste buds food is pure dung by a long way,

Again it was 9 yrs ago, but the Stenna Superfast Stranraer Belfast was fine,.even the old tub they used on that run also was ok,.and there’s nowt wrong with my taste buds :smiley: ,…and I never eat crap food either, if it is crap I leave it.

Stena has gone downhill rapidly in the last 18 months or so you would now be sorely disappointed :frowning:

I have been happy with any irish ferries boats whether holyhead - Dublin or Pembroke - rosslare. Dover - calais dfds was not great and normally just eat with normal passengers downstairs.

Didn’t think a lot of dfds because you can only have a set number of things with the breakfast unlike Irish ferries that just load up what ever you ask for.

mrginge:
I have been happy with any irish ferries boats whether holyhead - Dublin or Pembroke - rosslare. Dover - calais dfds was not great and normally just eat with normal passengers downstairs.

Didn’t think a lot of dfds because you can only have a set number of things with the breakfast unlike Irish ferries that just load up what ever you ask for.

Remember that Dover Calais is rammed full with Taliban so the food is guff and you get a set tiny amount otherwise they would empty the place.

DFDS is better than P&O on Dover Calais, at least it’s free and P&Os stuff is inedible at best.