Favourite Drives

I have many favourite drives across N America, a lot depends on the time of year and weather. Some routes are really pretty in autumn or winter when others are spectacular in spring or summer.
One of my particular favourites is I70 from Utah and travelling across to Denver, Colorado.
It is a stunning drive taking you over the mountains and through National Parks, it has varied landscape, mountains, rivers and forests.

I like I-15 in Montana in the winter time, not so much fun to drive, but nice scenery

It’s not my favourite road though, I have a few, highways 23/59&52 in Manitoba, they take me from the yard to my house :wink:

My drives are 377`s what are your drives Dave :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nianiamh:

The best drive ever is the 500yd one to my garage :laughing: :laughing: Except when I have to clear it of snow :frowning:

nianiamh:

Don’t forget your 0.73 final gear ratio :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and they’re 3:70s :blush:

dave_lol66:

nianiamh:

The best drive ever is the 500yd one to my garage :laughing: :laughing: Except when I have to clear it of snow :frowning:

Dave, did you get the shepperds here of bring them over with you?

My most memorable drive was one day in jan 2007 as an O/O I drove east to west across Kansas on route 56. Old western towns, miles of single two way roads in straight lines for mile upon mile then twisting through small towns that look like they were used in ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’ I stopped at the Flying J opposite the Wyatt Earp hotel in Dodge City.
Next day across to NM nd down I-25 to join I-40 west. … breath taking.

That first photo looks just like the main drag as it goes through the north of Almeria Spain.

STEVE OWEN:

dave_lol66:

nianiamh:

Dave, did you get the shepperds here of bring them over with you?

I brought a 9yr old GSD with me but had to get him put down 2 years ago, those 2 are brother and sister shepherd x husky and we got them here. Stay outside all year.

Actually … When I really think about it, my favourite drive over here is the drive to either EWR or JFK to catch a plane home.

Old Route 66

without question i 91 through vermont

masher:

I do believe I am about to throw up … damm, damm, damm Vermont :imp:

I-91 in particular is horrible, all those steep climbs, and god knows how many DOT sites.

Pat Hasler:

masher:

I do believe I am about to throw up … damm, damm, damm Vermont :imp:

I-91 in particular is horrible, all those steep climbs, and god knows how many DOT sites.

Crossing the penines but on a larger scale :laughing: :laughing:

As I said Old Route 66 here are some pics

Huge crater from an astroid hit this thing is huge, and there is an information ceneter with one of the Apolo space test capules there.

whole route 66 map on a fence

worlds largest dream catcher

More route 66 photos

Another very beautfull but quite short bit is I-93 in NH through Franconia, the interstate goes from the normal divided highway to one lane each way winding through very steep rock walls… amazing :smiley: