Favorite Truck

Im just wondering what everyones favorite truck is.I would say the new Scania Longline and the Man tga xxl is my two favorite trucks.
So what is your favorite truck. :question: :smiley: :smiley: :question:

My favourite is the one that makes me the most money!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

The Scania Longline is nice, but chances are none of us will ever get to use one on a daily basis. :cry:

In terms of attainable wagons I think the Volvo FM12 is nicest to drive, from my limited experience, whilst the Daf XF has a nice big cabin space.

Will just have to make do with the R-plate 3-series Scania I’m getting in my new job tomorrow - I feel so humble :cry: :unamused:

Lostpup,
I prefer the 3 series Scanni over the latest shape 4 series- :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m willing to bet that I’m not the only one on here - anyone else :question:

say i,m mad but i loved my old daf 3300 6x4… coming into modern day a xf daf will do me very nice thank you

For a £10er a hour I would push a wheelbarrow

Has to be a DAF XF95 Super Space Cab 530 for me.Wouldnt mind one of those new FH16 610 Globeys.

1. Mercedes Actros - Willi Betz :laughing: :laughing:
  2. Scania Topline

Betz.

Deesider:
Lostpup,
I prefer the 3 series Scanni over the latest shape 4 series- :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m willing to bet that I’m not the only one on here - anyone else :question:

yes i will go a long with that

lets hope the new 5 series is better

iveco stralis is the best truck i have driven followed by a volvo.

jon

Well if I was still back home, it would have to be either a Magnum or a Premium or a FH12.

But since I live in the US now, it would have to be the Volvo VN770 followed by a Freightliner Columbia with a Mercedes Benz engine.

Stuart

over 25 years ago i used to drive an atki boarderer that used to make me want to cry been driving day cab scania drawbar still crying but with a stoop and a limp its a FH for me dont forget when you overtake me how long your trailer is

To be honest I don’t really have any favourites. Many of the modern trucks I have driven have been very nice, but they lack a bit of character. Currently I drive a 10 year old FL 6 4 legger and that suits me fine.

I think I’m turning into my Dad cause all the the new trucks never seem to get a second look, where as when I passed this one on the A1 yesterday I had to stop and get a pic

still working @ 34 years old

Volvo FH12 - (the worse being the Bedford ‘O’ series (as in the old film, ‘Hell Drivers’))

Anything Scammell. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

It’s gotta be the Renault Magnum 430 - for sheer space and the cab layout and call me lazy if you like but little things like electrically operated blinds are a godsend!

Ollie:
Volvo FH12 - (the worse being the Bedford ‘O’ series (as in the old film, ‘Hell Drivers’))

I think the motors in Hell Drivers are either Leyland Comets, or Kew Dodge’s I think they shared the same cab.

Mal.

:slight_smile: I’m with Mal on this one - they were Kew Dodges,deffo.

Blimey, I’m more of an anorak than I thought! :open_mouth:

I think MAN Tga is the one for me at the moment,but an old DAF dks took some beating. My first truck was a dodge rigid with a two speed axle and a 6354 polly

Worst truck was my old berliet, but it took me to greece 5 times and brought me home again!

:open_mouth:

My top 10 in order of preference for current and recent wagons I’ve actually driven :

1. FH12 460 Globe
  2. DAF XF480 Space
  3. Merc V8 480 Mega-space
  4. FH12 420 Globe
  5. DAF XF430 Space
  6. Scania V8 R144L 530 Topline
  7. Scania V8 R144L 460 Topline
  8. DAF XF380 Space
  9. FH12 380 Globe
  10. DAF CF430

What I would like to pose in :sunglasses: are:

FH16 610 Globe (not I-Shift though :open_mouth: )
DAF 95XF 530 Super
Scania T164L 580 Topline

Not really that bothered but turns out I’m next in line for our current FH16 520 Globe :sunglasses: :smiley:

Ive had a good think, and I cant come up with a fave working motor, they all seem pretty good just now, But if I had the land, and the spare cash, I know what I’d buy, a Mk2 Borderer, like the one I drove with a ■■■■■■■ 250 and roadranger box. I suppose that really they are my fave truck, always have been! I wouldnt want to go back to working in one full time though.

Mal.