Favorite song?

With reference to the thread on Eddie Stobart trucking anthems, do you have your own favorite anthem? When you’re driving down the road and a particular song comes on the radio causing you to crank up the volume, which one is it?

Rarely does this one come on except maybe for Smooth FM, but when it does I always reach for the volume control.

youtube.com/watch?feature=p … lCF-QgDer8

(Sorry, you may have the obligatory 20 sec youtube ad in front of it)

Some of the younger guys may say “who the ■■■■ is this?” but I like to think I come from a time when music used to be good.

Rollin home by Status Quo on a Friday M6/M74!

Stereophonics “Have a nice day”

Bizet symphony in C, 3rd movement :slight_smile:

the fear by ian brown ,or any dance music from the 90,s ex raver :wink: :wink: :wink:

Any thing by christy Moore

Hotel California. Eagles
Highway to hell. AC/DC
Hocus Pocus. Focus
Revolution. Beatles
Start me up, Stones
Roll over lay down. Status Quo
Invisible man. Queen.
Who are you. The Who
Fashion. David Bowie
Can’t get enough. Bad Co
See Emily play. Pink Floyd
Instant Karma. John Lennon
Bed’s too big. Police
Boys are back. Thin Lizzy
War Pigs. Black Sabbath
Barbie Girl, Aqua…Joking :smiley:

That would be my album, picked some of the less obvious tracks of the artists.
Showing my age admittedly on some :blush:

robroy:
Hotel California. Eagles
Highway to hell. AC/DC
Hocus Pocus. Focus
Revolution. Beatles
Start me up, Stones
Roll over lay down. Status Quo
Invisible man. Queen.
Who are you. The Who
Fashion. David Bowie
Can’t get enough. Bad Co
See Emily play. Pink Floyd
Instant Karma. John Lennon
Bed’s too big. Police
Boys are back. Thin Lizzy
War Pigs. Black Sabbath
Barbie Girl, Aqua…Joking :smiley:

That would be my album, picked some of the less obvious tracks of the artists.

do you have the Eddie stobart anthem then

irish lorries:
do you have the Eddie stobart anthem then

Seeing as I am not exactly Eddie’s biggest fan, NO!

River Mountain High by Ike and Tina the other half is a singer and does a cracking version of it (Irish Lorries pop down the Well and you might just catch her singing it before last orders)
After that then anything by the Stone Roses guaranteed to get the volume cranked up

mazzer:
River Mountain High by Ike and Tina the other half is a singer and does a cracking version of it (Irish Lorries pop down the Well and you might just catch her singing it before last orders)
After that then anything by the Stone Roses guaranteed to get the volume cranked up

may just do that having went down since it opened again but heard its good

irish lorries:

mazzer:

Aye the new owner has done a proper job in there live music on in there every Friday, Sat and Sun now

mazzer:

irish lorries:

mazzer:

Aye the new owner has done a proper job in there live music on in there every Friday, Sat and Sun now

got to be better than it use to be

irish lorries:

mazzer:

irish lorries:

mazzer:

LOL now that wouldn’t be hard, same fella who owns the Depot is the new owner

mazzer:

irish lorries:

mazzer:

irish lorries:

mazzer:

LOL now that wouldn’t be hard, same fella who owns the Depot is the new owner

it wasn’t too bad when i use to go to it but that was just before it closed must of been better than the 80’s that it must be doing well now since sweet closed

Not really played on many radio stations but turn them up if I ever hear them on radio or on ipod/phone:-

Plush - stone temple pilots
Control - puddle of mudd
Alive - Pearl Jam
Higher - Creed
Slither - velvet Revolver

Disparate Youth - Santigold
Le femme d’argent - Air
One fine day - Jakatta
Sugar is Sweeter - CJ Bolland
Original - Leftfield
Scary monsters and nice sprites - Skrillex
Blind Faith - Chase and Status

More likely on radio for retro moments!:-

Somewhere in my heart - Aztec Camera
99 red balloons - Nina
Won’t be fooled again - The Who
Kashmir - led Zep
Making plans for Nigel - XTC (sounds like santigold disparate youth?!)
Peaches - the Stranglers
Jet Airliner - Paul Pena

Seems like I’m a bit out of place here being a county and folk lad :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No I like a bit of Folk (listen to anything if in the right mood).

Morcheeba - Run honey run

m.youtube.com/watch?v=84sHbIvDC0I

Took an old John Martyn folk song and gave their take on it. Kind of like a sea shanty.

Re OP mentioning Gerry Rafferty. Baker street is a classic. Always turn that up and do my worse sing along :laughing:

Freight Dog:

Took an old John Martyn folk song and gave their take on it. Kind of like a sea shanty.

That’s different to what I ment but that’s not a bad song never heard it before. I’m the same if I’m in the mood I would listen to some old rock songs

Freight Dog:

Re OP mentioning Gerry Rafferty. Baker street is a classic. Always turn that up and do my worse sing along :laughing:

So, did you ever take a portable CD player onto the flight deck of your cargo plane Freight Dog, and sing along as you attempted a landing into a strong crosswind?