Faulty Tacho or my fault?

Hi. I’m struggling to understand have I done something wrong or that wasn’t my fault.
On 10/Nov 13:07 I popped card in. Tacho asked “Export drivers data?” I chose “Yes” then without asking to do manual entry it went straight to work mode showing me that I was driving 20h53m continuously from 09/Nov 16:04. How could it write continuous driving time from previous day if I did not do manual entry? I didn’t leave card in overnight. It wasn’t even the same truck from previous day. I did’t keep tacho on idle after putting card in because in this case printout would show “?” symbol.

Another interesting thing I found on 09/Nov record is that tacho thinks card was out at 13:04:35 but keeps recording data on it from 13:04:00.
Trucks I had on these days are MAN (ZCL 9/Nov) and Volvo (ZSZ 10/Nov). I start suspect MAN (ZCL 09/Nov) tacho in incorrect work because 09/Nov shift was between 12:45 and 20:15 with a mixture of Work-Driving-POA-Break mods but from 16:04 it shows driving mode only.

Is it possible that MAN tacho could write big amount of driving time in advance which made Volvo tacho to skip manual entry on next day?

fishbone_vet:
Hi. I’m struggling to understand have I done something wrong or that wasn’t my fault.
On 10/Nov 13:07 I popped card in. Tacho asked “Expose drivers data?” I chose “Yes” ?

Do you mean Export drivers data?

stu675:

fishbone_vet:
On 10/Nov 13:07 I popped card in. Tacho asked “Expose drivers data?” I chose “Yes” ?

Yes. Made a mistake. I’ve edited it now

fishbone_vet:

stu675:

fishbone_vet:

I was more trying to bump your thread rather than pick holes. Interested to know what happened.

stu675:

fishbone_vet:

stu675:

fishbone_vet:

I was more trying to bump your thread rather than pick holes. Interested to know what happened.

I’m sure it was tacho malfunction. Just never seen something like that before

fishbone_vet:

stu675:

fishbone_vet:

stu675:

fishbone_vet:

I’m sure it was tacho malfunction. Just never seen something like that before

Has the tacho just recorded “?” As the missing entry and it’s the tacho software that is misinterpreting it?