Faulty digi cards.

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … achographs

I was going to ask why my card reads Driving without card and then the number 28 beside it every morning I insert it :exclamation: Work still have all my print outs from the download though so why does it say this ?

If yours was one of the faulty batch you should have received a letter advising you to get it replaced. If it is not one of the faulty ones but has gone wrong anyway you are still supposed to get it replaced and there’s a time limit within which you are supposed to do it, you aren’t supposed to just carry on relying on printouts.

sent mine away two weeks ago still no replacment ,they said i would get it back in five days , :frowning:

rabf1234:
sent mine away two weeks ago still no replacment ,they said i would get it back in five days , :frowning:

Ring up and check. DVLA are useless.

dar1976:

rabf1234:

Ring up and check. DVLA are useless.

hi i have done they say that unless i sent it by recorded delivery they cant even tell me if they recieved it ,going to call today just waiting on post to come ,staring new job on monday, no card ,great start , :blush:

it’s all very well them saying you can’t be prosecuted. but would this be valid when abroad? if not, then will they pay loss of earnings?

It’s stupid that they still work in older units though. My usual ride (60 plate) works ok but if that goes out I now know that It will work in an 08 or 57 plate but not in other 60 plates for some reason. Not sending the card off to DVLA for that reason and because of dash and tacho head flashing up every time you stop! :imp: Bloody things. :imp:

limeyphil:
it’s all very well them saying you can’t be prosecuted. but would this be valid when abroad? if not, then will they pay loss of earnings?

With the renewal/replacement forms that I received there is also also a letter which you carry with you to show Vosa etc, this letter states they have contacted the enforcement agencies in all EU countries requesting their co-operation

Im confused, so how is mine useless if it downloads to works pc and it records my breaks and driving ? It only says error 28 when first put it in, then I press ok and everything works ?

If I did send it away how do I get on with driving the 61 plate and 12 plate lorries we have ?

keebs26uk:
If I did send it away how do I get on with driving the 61 plate and 12 plate lorries we have ?

You either do manual trace on cards or…

You do a printout at the start and end of your shift until the new card arrives

had the same problem but then found out reason.yardman puts trucks away everynight with no card in truck hence why it says driver without card,explaining truck was moved with no digicard in press ok and it goes ,im sure if it shows its reading youre card when entered youll be ok.not a knowall was wondering same thing asked someone and they told me.

keebs26uk:
Im confused, so how is mine useless if it downloads to works pc and it records my breaks and driving ? It only says error 28 when first put it in, then I press ok and everything works ?

I think this is a wind up surely :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

dar1976:

keebs26uk:

You either do manual trace on cards or…

You do a printout at the start and end of your shift until the new card arrives

Oh right thanks will do that then.

And no it ain’t a whind up was a simple question

green456:

limeyphil:

With the renewal/replacement forms that I received there is also also a letter which you carry with you to show Vosa etc, this letter states they have contacted the enforcement agencies in all EU countries requesting their co-operation

as above took me about 10 days to get new one back

So should I take notice of the 3 letters I have recieved? Christ ive done so well at keeping my card clean it be a shame to get rid of it. :grimacing: :grimacing:

millsie:
as above took me about 10 days to get new one back

Applied for by post on Wednesday.
Replacement card arrived this (Friday) morning.

Regards,
Nick.