Fatigue and tiredness

Tarmac duck:
I am in the business of running a successfully road haulage company not teaching english therefore I comment was over the top Truckulent (driver) :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you sir, should know better than to expect drivers to drive whilst extremely tired!

You have a sound defence for not being able to spell correctly. You have none whatsoever in expecting drivers to drive when they are too tired to do so, just so you can make a larger profit.

Shame on you.

i make you right (yet again!) Truckulentā€¦, and Winseer -well said ,so i didā€™nt have to

edited as its not worth arguing with a prick

Kingnez:
edited as its not worth arguing with a prick

Itā€™s a great way to insult someone without raising a valid point though. :laughing:

If I may go back to my first point I do not condone driving tired my point is that rightly or wrongly in my experience (30 odd years) the job has always involved long hours if you canā€™t cut the mustard go and stack shelves for tescoā€™s.

Tarmac duck:
If I may go back to my first point I do not condone driving tired my point is that rightly or wrongly in my experience (30 odd years) the job has always involved long hours if you canā€™t cut the mustard go and stack shelves for tescoā€™s.

We can it aspire to be as great as you fellaā€¦

Davy85:
Hi all just a wee quick question to see what view you 's have on this matter. I work as a double manned trunk driver and today the new start ( only second week ) went and said to the gaffer that he was absolutely shattered and fatigued so he said rather than put his own life in danger that he was going home as he wasnā€™t fit enough for the shift tonight and the company paid him off straight away. In my opinion he was well within his rights to say he need to go home. Due to the fact he could cause a accident or even death ourselves as well as other road users.
long hours and 9 rest periods 5 days a week is a ball buster. Im here 4/5 month and starting to feel effects of fatigue and tiredness alot. Is it not that the driverā€™s have a duty of due care and attention to make these decisions rather than company only thinking of earn the Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£

what do youā€™s think on this matter.

unless im mistaken but dosent only 1, one, uno driver drive at a time?? ever had a power hour (sleep) n a few coffeeā€™s when you wake up from said power hour?? or do something to get the blood pumping?? when im driving alone I pull over n close the curtains n pull one off while reading the daily sport or the sun page 3 but not to the tipping point as that makes you sleepy too :laughing: :laughing:

To be honest I donā€™t know what all the bickering is about, the bloke took a job then two weeks later, for all intent and purpose walked off the job.

He never had the decency to phone in so the TM would have time to find a replacement and he lost his job because of it.

The solution to situations like this is quite simple, if you feel unable to work you phone in and give your boss as much advanced warning as possible so he can rearrange the work if necessary, itā€™s not like he was suddenly taken ill after arriving at work, he simply got to work then decided to tell the boss he didnā€™t want to be there after-all.

I could respect the drivers decision not to drive because he was too tired if he had done the right thing and phoned in instead of messing the company about when he got to work.

To Paraphrase Napoleon Bonaparteā€¦

ā€œA driver does not get himself killed for a tenner an hour and sub-pony night out money. You have to put him through the DCPC and pay a higher rate for less hours to electrify him!ā€

Tarmac duck:

And when YOUR drivers kill somebody because of fatigue due to victorian attitudes like YOU have it should be YOU that does the TIME inside because it is YOU and YOUR like that is causing this problem. So you sort yourself out or go stack shelves in Tosco, you will kill fewer people there.