Fatal crash A40

BBC London:
A lorry driver has died after a crash which closed a major route into London. The incident happened just after midnight on the A40 between the Target roundabout and the Polish War Memorial in west London.

Police say there was a collision between two BMW cars and a 40 foot articulated lorry, which ended up on it side.

The lorry driver, aged in his 40s, died at the scene. His family have been informed. The drivers of the two cars have both been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

Spilt diesel

One of them has also been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.

The A40 is completely closed westbound because the overturned lorry has blocked all three lanes.

Police say diesel has also leaked on to the tarmac complicating the road’s reopening.

Debris from the two BMWs, the wreckage of which ended up on the central barrier, had closed the eastbound stretch of the road but it has now partially reopened.

A police spokesman said the A40 is unlikely to completely reopen until “late tonight” [Thursday].

Police are still seeking witnesses to the crash.

I like to use this space and share my deepest condolences with the family and friends of the truck driver who lost his live this morning doing his job on the A40 Westbound.

When the news broke it made me feel a little uncomfortable, but as more and more details emerged it brought home to me some emotions my family must feel every time they hear about an accident on the road involving a truck and they can’t get through to me on the mobile… Maybe this thought is some comfort to those closest to the man, he died whilst he was doing what he loved doing best… Sorry, the thoughts are there, but the words escape me - what a tragic loss…

I have been hearing about the chaos this caused and living less than five miles from the incident have had to deal with all the traffic ussing our area as a detour.
How ever the comment made “He died doing what he loved best”
I dont think that is very apt for an accassion such as this, and certainly one the family wont believe, the point being that he should NOT of died at all, and as the police have the culprits for this accident, I hope they get life. and even that wont bring there loved one back.
My deepest sympathy goes to those concerned.

Concordia.

Always the same. Another innocent trucker just doing his job suffering the consequences of idiots with cars faster than their brains ( if they have any).
Condolences to the family of the trucker. There but for the grace of God etc.

condolences to his family and friends.
I don’t know how I would cope if put in a situation like this driver was, I would like to think that I would come out the other end in one piece, but, just like the rest of us, there but for the grace of God, go I.

RIP SORRY TO HERE THIS

Another Trucker who never came home!

He died doing his job
My thoughts are with his family

least we forget!

Anything like these is terrible at anytime but Christmas being so near its even harder to take in. My thoughts also go to his family.

We cant pick and choose our load but God can pick and choose our time!!

Deepest sympathy for all concerned and so close to Christmas makes this sort of thing harder to understand!!

Take care out there everyone and goodluck!!

deepest sympathy

kev!!!

I’ve just seen the pictures of the accident on the news and I’m lost for words.All of us run the risk of an accident every day but I for one,don’t even consider NOT going home,safe and sound ,at the end of the day.My thoughts are with the drivers family and their tragic and sudden loss.

Words fail me…

Deepsest sympathy to the drivers friends and family, at this very very sad time…

God Bless

AndyM

I’ve sat here trying to think of what to say. I can’t.

Let God be with you all.

Sincere Condolences to the family.

People who cause someones death due to drink driving should be charged with murder.

Unfotunately,this incident shows that no matter what training we have done,or what licence we hold,we are not invincible.In this case,it is the stupidity of another which has cost the innocent party his life.As S.K.K said,we cannot choose our time to go,that is down to the man upstairs.

I am saddened because that is another bucket load of experience down the swanny.May he rest in peace.

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Dan.

Deepest sympathy for his family. I passed through here about 30 minutes before it happened and on passing the scene tonight i see they were resurfacing the carriageway.

Can you please be very careful what you write in this thread? Well intentioned comments could predudice any subsequent trial of the drivers involved. It’s called sub judice and due process and I’m sure no one wishes to frustrate justice for the unfortunate hgv driver by inadvertantly falling foul of legal technicalities

TK Dave:
Can you please be very careful what you write in this thread? Well intentioned comments could predudice any subsequent trial of the drivers involved. It’s called sub judice and due process and I’m sure no one wishes to frustrate justice for the unfortunate hgv driver by inadvertantly falling foul of legal technicalities

Mate, chill - people here voice their opinion. Nobody is tempering with evidence, distorting the facts or does anything that could be seen illegal. We are all concerned drivers here and give way to our thoughts - mainly towards the family that was left behind. And when we mention that we want a change in the law, then this is how such changes come about. If you throw around legal terms, familiarise yourself with the basics - freedom of information, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press are but three terms that come to mind.

Nothing has been said here that would constitute in a legal suit, nor are we plotting to corrupt the jury in their decision when the case comes to court. I for one (having started it all) needed to voice my feelings at the time… And yes, I would also like to see the law changed - [ZB]

The last sentance of this post has been deleted because I feel that it was both unecessary and inflammatory
ATKIG11