FASTEST route to Lisborn from Utrecht?

I should be off to Lisborn Portugal (double manning) on Saturday night after loading in Utrecht, anybody tell me the fastest way down, remember hearing theres a lot of new good roads open. Tolls etc not an issue as speed is of the essense, dont want the prettiest or the best way 5 or 25 years ago or cheapest way, just the quickest. :laughing: Im writing this in Ashford Truckstop where im having a night out, i will hopefully have Friday afternoon at home to check for replies, then crack off to Utrecht first thing Saturday, so speedy answers appreciated. :wink:

kindle530:
I should be off to Lisborn Portugal (double manning) on Saturday night after loading in Utrecht, :

Well I hope ya got a fridge or you got all of Sunday to figure it out as well :sunglasses:

Can’t remember if the “resprayed eyesore” has Top Spot’s or not Carl but if so they are an expensive No No in Porkieville so switch em off matey :wink:

Try ViaMichelin
I put Utrecht, Netherlands to Lisbon, Portugal in.
The route looked pretty reasonable to me, but it isn’t settable for trucks.

Think Utrecht /Irun & then on to Lisbon.The old way was Utrecht/Breda/Antwerp/Gent/Lille/ /Paris /Bordeaux/Irun/Vitoria/Valladolid/Salamanca/Vilar Formosa/Lisbon.
On your own you should reach Vivonne from Utrecht the first day.
Bordeaux is about half way.

montana man:

kindle530:
I should be off to Lisborn Portugal (double manning) on Saturday night after loading in Utrecht, :

Well I hope ya got a fridge or you got all of Sunday to figure it out as well :sunglasses:

Can’t remember if the “resprayed eyesore” has Top Spot’s or not Carl but if so they are an expensive No No in Porkieville so switch em off matey :wink:

forgot to tell anyone mate, ive changed jobs, gone for the rock’n’roll lifestyle now! Keep getting hassle off euromat to do it, so i decided to give it a go, shame after having the orange eyesore painted, but was getting a bit boring doing just Holland twice a week. Just did 9 days out, including 4.5 days sitting in the sun and making full use of the free food and drinks :smiley:
With regards to the Portugal job, were getting a permit to run Sunday apparently, 2 or 3 days off in Lisborn, then to Athens, then up to London. :smiley:

can you put some photos or make a diary for your europe tour please ? :smiley:

Cheers

If I was going alone, I would go exactly the way Harry has said, Kindle! From Vilar Formosa to Lisbon is just a touch over four and a half. Straight down past Castelo Blanca etc. You will find yourself on motorway or dual carriageways the WHOLE way except for the last 15 kms before Vilar Formosa which is still single track.

Carl,who are you touring with?

I’m off to see Rod Stewart in Antwerp in a couple of weeks,dunno if your lot is doing the transport.

Hiya Keith, not Rod Stewart mate, just got back from doing Metallica.
Empty to Utrecht to load, then down to Lisbon (thanks harry and Bear, thats the way i went) had around 3 days for rehersals and the gig, then flat out to Ancona for the boat to Patras, for a gig 25km north of Athens, then up to Wembley for the Live Earth concert, then the next day Metallica had their own gig there, then we had 4 days to get up to Arhus in Denmark for a gig on Saturday, then down to Utrecht to tip the gear off, and empty home. I got a few pics to put up, nothing exciting thou, batteries went flat on my camera so most pics taken on phone.