Farmfoods Avonmouth

Hi,

I have been doing agency work for the last 12 months, after applying for a couple of jobs last week Farmfoods have contacted me to go in for a driving assessment, they did not seem to want to give to much details over the phone.

Does anybody have any information on the i.e weekly/monthly pay and if it’s is generally nice work? Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

A mate of mine works there, it’s all pallet truck work into the store collect the returns, two or three drops with mixed temp load at times, he said you open the rear door and generally you’ll be greeted with big heavy pallets which have to be turned on the wet uneven tailift.

Pay good about £31,000 with free canteen for any food consumed in there. Kit half decent. A good job if you’re fit and like being active. He sometimes starts at 01.00 for two drops Dover and Ashford no night out !!!

Culina Avonmouth looking too.

We’ve had drivers leave to go there and not stayed . Like most jobs don’t suite all.

Had 2 go to Gist last week

nick2008:
We’ve had drivers leave to go there and not stayed . Like most jobs don’t suite all.

Farmfoods is a marmite job by the sound of it, I see both local Gist sites are advertising. Malcolm always looking too.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Farmfoods is a marmite job by the sound of it, I see both local Gist sites are advertising. Malcolm always looking too.

Even your mob are advertising

We had a few go when they opened, none of them lasted one agency bloke who worked with us lasted 3 days, frozen on pallets mixed with ambient on a tail lift is never going to be easy, they are always looking for drivers to me that speaks volumes, there are better jobs the only problem is it’s all agency nobody takes on.

I don’t blame them, they get given the gig then don’t want to do **** all and hide behind the rules and spend more time with the defect book than driving.

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Even your mob are advertising

How unusual !!!

mike68:
We had a few go when they opened, none of them lasted one agency bloke who worked with us lasted 3 days, frozen on pallets mixed with ambient on a tail lift is never going to be easy, they are always looking for drivers to me that speaks volumes, there are better jobs the only problem is it’s all agency nobody takes on.

I don’t blame them, they get given the gig then don’t want to do **** all and hide behind the rules and spend more time with the defect book than driving.

Funny that .

It sounds so much like the other mob round the corner ooh what are they called

Oh yeah

CO-OP :grimacing:

Bristol88:
Hi,

I have been doing agency work for the last 12 months, after applying for a couple of jobs last week Farmfoods have contacted me to go in for a driving assessment, they did not seem to want to give to much details over the phone.

Does anybody have any information on the i.e weekly/monthly pay and if it’s is generally nice work? Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I’ve got an assessment Thursday, I’ll let you know what I find out